Sign in to follow this  
70fastbak

So you measured the inside edge of the straight edges.

Which would be the size of the opening of the pinch weld not the recessed area.

I actually measured the out side edges of the straight edges and subtracted the width of the 2 straight edges which would be the same thing then measured the opening inside the pinch weld which would be the inner most edges. Again I don't know how important this is but I do know if there isn't enough room there it will have the tendency to cause the seal to sort of bulge up.

Dave

Edited by det0326

I actually measured the out side edges of the straight edges and subtracted the width of the 2 straight edges which would be the same thing then measured the opening inside the pinch weld which would be the inner most edges. Again I don't know how important this is but I do know if there isn't enough room there it will have the tendency to cause the seal to sort of bulge up.

Dave

Ok that's what I thought you meant.

Just wanted to make sure...I will go and check what i have going on today.

As far as the little piece i was talking about...its has a curve in it that is shaped the same as the rear quarter window opening (backside).

Its held on by 3 self tapping screws and fits directly underneath the chrome boomerang trim.

Might be easier to take a pic huh, lol.

BTW Al that is a nice job you're doing on your car, looks good.

Thanks,

I was just checking your build pics out, looks great.

Seems like im heading down the same road as you with the sheet metal on my car.

Looks like you did a cowl, one piece floor, firewall.

Ill be doing all those after I get this rear completed.

Once again, great work, looks really good.

Al

Ok that's what I thought you meant.

Just wanted to make sure...I will go and check what i have going on today.

As far as the little piece i was talking about...its has a curve in it that is shaped the same as the rear quarter window opening (backside).

Its held on by 3 self tapping screws and fits directly underneath the chrome boomerang trim.

Might be easier to take a pic huh, lol.

Is this the pieces circled in red you speck of? I have heard some say that theirs is held on by 3 screws, mine were spot welded in a few places and a screw in the bottom hole. I guess different factories did it a little different. If the small pieces are what you are looking for I have never seen them available separate , just in the kit. A member on here goes by Manley were looking for these too don't know if he ever found them or not. I saw these on CJ Poneys web site and passed it on to him.

Edited by det0326

Is this the pieces circled in red you speck of? I have heard some say that theirs is held on by 3 screws, mine were spot welded in a few places and a screw in the bottom hole. I guess different factories did it a little different. If the small pieces are what you are looking for I have never seen them available separate , just in the kit. A member on here goes by Manley were looking for these too don't know if he ever found them or not. I saw these on CJ Poneys web site and passed it on to him.

Hey Dave,

Yes those were the pieces I was talking about.

Manley huh...mmmmm probably kevins Klassic cars...my old place of work in cannon falls, Minnesota.

Say... did you use new doors for your car?

Hey Dave,

Yes those were the pieces I was talking about.

Manley huh...mmmmm probably kevins Klassic cars...my old place of work in cannon falls, Minnesota.

Say... did you use new doors for your car?

I did use aftermarket doors I used Dynacorn the drivers door fit good but the passenger door was somewhat short and had to put a shim between the door and hinge which I later took out and elongated the hinge holes , done some more adjusting and finally got it to fit OK.

Dave

I did use aftermarket doors I used Dynacorn the drivers door fit good but the passenger door was somewhat short and had to put a shim between the door and hinge which I later took out and elongated the hinge holes , done some more adjusting and finally got it to fit OK.

Dave

That's what I have too, having problems with the drivers door.

Havent got around to the passenger door yet.

Did your door gaps turn out ok ?

That's what I have too, having problems with the drivers door.

Havent got around to the passenger door yet.

Did your door gaps turn out ok ?

I could get the gaps spaced pretty good on the driver's door did have an issue at the very top where the fender and door meet at the windshield post, the door wasn't shaped right and had to weld a piece of 1/8 rod in and leaded over it. On the passenger door the gap between the door and 1/4 panel was my worse problem, I could not get the door back for enough and the gap was to wide there and too close at the door and front fender.

That's why I had to initially put a shim there but finally removed shim and elongated the hinge holes where hinge mounts to "A" pillar. If measured across the door skin area the new door measured the same as the old one.

The problem seemed to be with the door structure/frame.

Dave

I could get the gaps spaced pretty good on the driver's door did have an issue at the very top where the fender and door meet at the windshield post, the door wasn't shaped right and had to weld a piece of 1/8 rod in and leaded over it. On the passenger door the gap between the door and 1/4 panel was my worse problem, I could not get the door back for enough and the gap was to wide there and too close at the door and front fender.

That's why I had to initially put a shim there but finally removed shim and elongated the hinge holes where hinge mounts to "A" pillar. If measured across the door skin area the new door measured the same as the old one.

The problem seemed to be with the door structure/frame.

Dave

Ah...I see.

Im having problems with my drivers door.

I cant move my door far enough forward.

Its ok but id like to see a bigger gap between door and quarter...lol