Sign in to follow this  
Mr.CNC

Do I need seat pans?

Do I need the seat pan? I have a set of 95 gt seats with power. I am 6'2 and right now with the stock 69 rails on the seats and stock pan height I am looking through the tint. Can I just remove the pans and make some risers for the front to keep the angle?

Since the seat riser ads structural strength, I'd make the single front riser out of rectangular tube and tie it into the tunnel, and brace the rear area under the thin 19ga floor pan at the minimum. Making the front riser loop over the tunnel wouldn't hurt either. I feel your pain. Many times I wish I were 5' 10.

Bob

Keep the pan

Cut it down so it is near zero at the back

If you want to redo the upholstery on the seats you have you can also tril down the bottom of the frame a bit and even trim out some of the padding to use the ones you have.

It may be cheaper as you me be able to just modify the bottom upholstery

Bob

Remove the power seat motor assembly for the bottom of the seat. It will reduce the seat height significantly. I had seats out of a 87 t-bird (same seat) and had to give up the power part. Cool idea but they take up a lot of height.