Sign in to follow this  
2011SVT

TKO600 Owners Please Come Inside.....

I have questions for you :smile: :

1. Are you having problems with the dreaded 2-3 shift balk?

2. Did you have Liberty, Hanlon, etc. do any aftermarket work to your trans?

3. Are any of you running faceplated transmissions? If so, what's it like to drive on the street?

4. Which shifter are you running, how do you like it, and did it line up with the existing holes in the tunnel and console?

5. What clutch are you running. Experiences?

Thanks!

- Chuck

Edited by 2011SVT

My info will be very limited because the previous owner installed it. 2-3 shift is fine, but I don't shift at high rpm. No gear mods. Hurst shifter, lines up fine. No cutting of the console or tunnel. Not sure of clutch, but it is hyd.

Lastly, it leaks like a sieve - cant seem to get it stopped. I believe its the rear tail shaft seal and I replaced it - only to still leak. I hear most of the TKO600's do this.....lol.

1. Are you having problems with the dreaded 2-3 shift balk?

My TKO had the shift lockout problem @5200 + rpm.

2. Did you have Liberty, Hanlon, etc. do any aftermarket work to your trans?

I pulled the TKO and had Liberties Gear do the shift upgrade.

3. Are any of you running faceplated transmissions? If so, what's it like to drive on the street?

No, talk to LG, faceplating only over 6500. I couldn't imagine what a pain it would be to shift without syncro's on the street.

4. Which shifter are you running, how do you like it, and did it line up with the existing holes in the tunnel and console?

Keisler, it lined up perfectly, LG sells Keisler now.

5. What clutch are you running. Experiences?

Spec 3+. Its an awesome clutch.

1. Are you having problems with the dreaded 2-3 shift balk? No, but I did have some pretty notchy shifting at first, seems to have gotten better with more miles.

2. Did you have Liberty, Hanlon, etc. do any aftermarket work to your trans? No.

3. Are any of you running faceplated transmissions? If so, what's it like to drive on the street? No.

4. Which shifter are you running, how do you like it, and did it line up with the existing holes in the tunnel and console? I modified a Hurst shifter to get it where I wanted it. Didn't line up, but my setup is pretty custom and I raised the tunnel to get driveline angles right.

5. What clutch are you running. Experiences? McLeod RST twin disc. Absolutely love it. Easy pedal effort with Modern Driveline hydraulic clutch master and Wilwood external slave. And it has excellent hold.

Edited by fordguy69
spelling

Thanks guys!

Feedback I've read across the web suggests that the 2-3 problem is hit/miss sometimes completely not seen, sometimes < 6k, sometimes still there after some one like Liberty or Hanlon reworks the syncros.... etc. etc.

I'm still mulling over whether or not just to have the syncros upgraded or to go with the faceplating right out of the gate. There are some good youtube/user experiences with how to drive on the street with a faceplated TKO600 which make it look like a piece of cake. <shrug>

I guess I can always start with the upgraded syncros and then faceplate later if things don't go well.

Appreciate the feedback on the shifters and clutches as well. I've had both Spec and McLeod in other cars and liked both although I lean more toward McLeod twins for streetability/easy handling. Spec if I need something to hold a ton of power :)

I am thinking of going with the Hurst shifter. Not as good (IMO) as an MGW but I had one in my '07 GT and I liked the notchiness (just the right amount sez I) so we'll try it out here as the Hurst on the stick and the ball fit the old skool look a little better.