Sign in to follow this  
Sea

69 Convertible Parts

Looking for the sheet metal piece or pieces? that go under the trunk lid deck filler, it looks to me like 3 pieces, but I may be wrong ... according to my wfe I frequently am ...lol ... I have attached photo's ... also looking for NOS/OEM rear quarters .. i know, I know, I know .. after y'all stop laughing at my foolishness ... I still need them ...lol ... and I KNOW someone out there has a set, I am the second owner of this vehicle, I bought it in 1979 from the original owner .... so any help, leads, suggestions, pointers, advice, words of encouragement, ritual sacrifice, or cash donations would be greatly appreciated ..lol .. and since I'm sitting here with my hat in my hand begging for help I may as well go for the gold ... I'd like to get a rotiisserie .. any gurus have suggestions about which one works the best or which one to definately stay away from?? ok I'll climb down off my soap box for now .. if you've read this far .. thanks for your time .. if your still laughing ... hell I get that alot ... :)

Well apparently the pictures exceed the limits ... and I'm NOT tech savy enough to make them smaller ... if anyone is even remotely interested in seeing them I can be contacted at seadragone@yahoo.com ... Thanks again for allowing me to vent ...

Welcome here. I have a 69vert I am restoring also. You prorbaly can find some of the sheet metal via craigslist. I have heard the rotisseries made by accessable systems are really good. Was going to buy one but think I may DIY to get practice on my new welder when I decide which one to buy. Biggest areas of problems with verts are torque boxes, frame rails, cowl are and floors. I was lucky and only problem I had was with the floors. I will replace floor with a 1 piece. There is no reproduction that is and exact match to 69 floors (unless something changed in last few months). But only a little difference in the stampings. Good luck with everything. Too cold in Michigan today so I wont be working on it today but have I have some time off and look forward to soing things.

Hi Sea,

Welcome. I repaired my 69 vert in that same area.

I wound up fabricating the outer drip pans as they are very hard to find in good shape

Here is the thread with some pictures, if these are the parts your talking about.

http://www.1969stang.com/mustang/forum/showthread.php?t=13918

Also for the quarters I went with Dynacron, and they fit well. Requireing only minor tweaking. I know they are not NOS parts, but they are the best of repos and much easier to get a hold of.

Good luck with the restoration, and again welcome to the forums

Hi Sea, pardon the pun lol...to resize your photos you can open a photo bucket account which is like an online photo album.When photo's are uploaded onto it they can be automatically resized for you.When you hover the curser over the right hand side of your photo a list will appear,select links.It will then show another list of links to copy depending on where you want to post your pic,for forums its the bottom one,click on that and it will copy,then paste on your on your page.Alternatively you can upload your photos on this site http://www.shrinkpictures.com/ and resize it there ,choose 350 mega pixels,wait till it does its thing then save it.You can then upload it straight from your computer to the forum,good luck with it and your car,love to see some pics.