Sign in to follow this  
very fat and very dumb

1969 351W Shaker Base

If you have a 351W shaker base can you please tell me what number is stamped on it? I found one that is stamped 470071 and 470072. I'm not sure if this is correct or a cobbled together piece. You can see both numbers on the attached.

I'm thinking about trading my Boss 302 base for it and I need to be sure it's right.

Thank you in advance.

I've seen that site before, it actually further complicates the matter. They don't list a part number for the 351W base and although the base in my photo does have a 351C number on it (as well as another number) it does not have the "donut" looking bulge around the carb hole. So it looks like a 351W but has 2 part numbers on it. I thought if someone could look at their 351W base maybe it would anser my question.

I finally got around to looking at mine. It's a 70 Windsor and also has no part number stamped on it. The one in the picture posted by indianfire is a '69. The only differnces are a plastic elbow instead of the metal one, and a star plug on the other side of the breather inlet that is absent on the '69.