Sign in to follow this  
69shelbycoupe

trade or sell 8" 28 spline 4.11 posi pumpkin

Possible trade. I'd like 4.10s but I think I would have to go to a 5 speed then and I'm up in the air if I want to go that route. I only put a couple hundred miles on my gears before I parked the car to start a restoration.

what are you looking to get for the 410 rear..Im in south jersey.

I currently have an 8", not sure of gear ratio but assuming stock. I have the 4 speed close ratio toploader, and from what i read, i should atleast have 373 or it will be hard to get it rolling.

thanks, Joe

what are you looking to get for the 410 rear..Im in south jersey.

I currently have an 8", not sure of gear ratio but assuming stock. I have the 4 speed close ratio toploader, and from what i read, i should atleast have 373 or it will be hard to get it rolling.

thanks, Joe

Sounds like a bunch of garbage you read. Any gear ratio will work with the 4 speed and not have a problem getting the car moving. But if your talking about ideal gears for performance with the 4 speed then yeah a 3.73 would be a nice choice.

yea, i thought that seemed strange...apparently the "close ratio" trans was used in the boss 302 cars, and those motors made their power at higher rpms...so the trans was geared to reflect that, along with the rear..

im just going with a mild roller 302 in my car for now, so its not going to be a high rpm car, thought it would be better for me to hunt down either an 8" or 8.8 and do the disc swap

Joe

yea, i thought that seemed strange...apparently the "close ratio" trans was used in the boss 302 cars, and those motors made their power at higher rpms...so the trans was geared to reflect that, along with the rear..

im just going with a mild roller 302 in my car for now, so its not going to be a high rpm car, thought it would be better for me to hunt down either an 8" or 8.8 and do the disc swap

Joe

with a close ratio you don't really want a low gear ratio to go along with the cause you'll be shifting gears really fast.