Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

Fuel Tank Question

I have a question wih regards to fuel tanks. I know the 1969 Model year was a 20 gallon tank and the 70 was a 22 gallon and are interchangable.

My question is will the 1970 22 gallon fuel tank and sender drop into a 1967 Coupe? If so is it a simple direct drop in or are there modifications needed?

Thanks in advance!

It physically drops in, but will require modification to the filler neck and you have to use the proper 70 sending unit. There was a recent article on this in either Mustang Monthly or Modified Mustangs.

I just did this to my 69 and I bought the "conversion" filler neck, but I had to further modify it as well. Not a big deal though, basically just cut about an inch out of it up near the bend and welded it back together.

Cool! I will get the tank and sending unit a sa kit. The fuel filler I am going to do a custom one for inside the tank filling to avoid gas sloshing out the gas cap in the stock location between the tail lights.

Thank you so much for the information.