shaun071

69 Coupe Aussie Style Restomod

By eyeball they looked like they'll fit. I took off the backrest adjuster and it looked like it'll fit, just have to drill a hole for the adjuster knob. Might be a job after work this week! Drill the hole and test fit. If it works ok I'll post some pics.

Sorry, my bad Shaun. For some reason I thought you meant seat rail plastics. I got that wrong.

I'm sorry, I wont have them on their own. I have a set of BA seats here but they are for sale whole. Whenever I've had to buy the side plastics to repair a damaged one, I've just brought new OEM ones off ebay.

Here's the ones I have

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/301512055463?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1586.l2649

I know you can swap the seat bases from left to right. But I think when you remove the outer side plastic, it may leave an ugly edge visible. Are you keeping your seats with the Falcon cloth or retrimming them?

I bought some leather trim off ebay. There's a pic a couple of pages back in the thread. My seats had the horrible orange stripes on them. The new trim doesn't have any cut outs for screws etc so it should be a clean finish. I did check with Ford here and the trims were about $15-20 each from memory.

I put the order in for the rear brake kit today and it should arrive in a week or two. Also bought a set of sequential LED tail lights.

Thanks to my good friend Andy I made some progress this week end.

B230E7DC-8B5E-46BE-A25D-50B3D62DF479_zps

Rear end out and stripped ready for a rebuild with a trutrac, 3.5 gears and rear discs.

9831F7FA-1F65-4A8B-92D2-05C9CE0B01BD_zps

Pedal box, column and drum master out to make way for power booster and disc master cylinder. I went to the local swap meet and picked up a new alloy radiator and electronic distributor. I bent the rear spring hangers getting them out so I'm up for a new set.

Been a little busy with just bits and pieces the last week or so. The diff centre was rebuilt with a gear change to 3.50:1 and the trutrac fitted. A drain plug was fitted to the housing and now I just need new axle bearings before fitting up the rear discs. Having more fun times scraping body deadener etc off the underside above the rear axle. Its pretty clean in this area with only 2-3 rust pinholes that will need patching.  

More fun on my back. At least the cars high enough now to use a creeper now

3B02FF2F-BFF5-437A-8400-6D41D568DDA7_zps

Can anyone tell me what the large hole is for on the left ? It was blanked off with a square piece of steel. I haven't seen another car with one- I was thinking of welding a patch in.

I have been there shaun071.That black stuff even clogged up one of my ears when i was doing mine.But that is an awsome job your doing there mate and the wheels look sweet.

I crossed paths with a car that looked exactly like yours,same colour etc on a holiday in Cairns i reckon maybe 2 years ago.Wasnt you was it?

35 minutes ago, Vicfreg said:

Hi Shaun.  Any updates on the VHX dash install?

Hi Guys, unfortunately no updates on the VHX dash install. Life has gotten in the way in the last 2 years. Baby #3, Rebekah came January this year so things have been very busy. 3 kids under 5 can be a handful!! Mostly I’ve been buying parts. I’ve now got everything for a Fitech 400hp conversion using a late model Falcon fuel pump module, some front end parts and a borgeson steering box. 

I’m going in for carpal tunnel surgery in 2 weeks on both hands so that’ll stop any progress for about 2 months. 2018 might be my year, my revised completion date is my 50th in March 2021. 

Congrats on baby Rebekah! 3 rug rats under 3 and double carpal tunnel surgery!!! 

I fully understand and have been thru the life gets in the way syndrome. But enjoy those young ones while you can. They'll never tell you the last time they sit on your lap, or ask you to read to them et al. And before you know it they'll be lovely teenagers :)

Good luck on that surgery, the Mustang ain't going anywhere. 

Hey guys after a couple of years of life getting in the way I'm back on the project!! The last few weeks I've been mocking up the rear brakes and cleaning up the diff housing for paint. I'm using BA Falcon rear brakes with a drum in disc park brake. I made some brackets up for the cable. 

IMG_20200506_133214060_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200506_160051089.jpg

38 minutes ago, Hux said:

Any trouble adapting the BA backing plate onto the 9”

and i assume its a Ute or wagon rear brake setup?

I bought a hopper stoppers kit. Great quality and instructions, I was just too tight to buy their park brake cable for nearly $300. It's a sedan cable I'm using to tie into the original foot pedal mechanism.