Sign in to follow this  
colbysunday

Can Anyone Identify This Part?

I am trying to find a replacement for this part that hooks to the side of the carb on the same side the throttle cable connects. I have yet to figure out what it is called. Keep in mind I am a novice when it comes to working on cars and have just begun my engine restoration. Please help!!!!

Edited by colbysunday
did not post pics

I am trying to find a replacement for this part that hooks to the side of the carb on the same side the throttle cable connects. I have yet to figure out what it is called. Keep in mind I am a novice when it comes to working on cars and have just begun my engine restoration. Please help!!!!

colbysunday welcome to the world of restoration. Post up a picture and I'm sure someone on the forum will be able to help you. If you don't have the part on there now post a picture of where it goes.

Dave

Primitive cruise control, now that is cool. Don't know if I would replace the broken part until I knew that the rest of the cruise was in tact and working.

This is not something that would keep the car from running normally. You could always fix this at a later time but it would be nice to have this rare option working. You would be probably one of few people that has one.

Look on the turn signal arm on the end, is there a small button?

Can you identify another small silverish box above the one you posted?

How about a shot of the firewall from the center of the car to the fender including the flange where the hood meets the cowl.

John

Basically this will still work but the link at the end of it that attaches to the side of the carb is broken off. So I have to find something similar to replace just that tiny little piece and the cruise control should work w/o any problems. This was a garage kept Mustang that was my Great Grandparents that only has ~95000 original miles on it. I need to get this little link! Hopefully I can find a similar "primitive" cruise control in a junk yard and just buy the link.

To me that looks like an aftermarket cruize control system....

Aftermarket? Or is it the one that came as an option? I have a lot of options on this stanger to include A/C, power steering, and front discs. I was told these were all options anyways...

Aftermarket? Or is it the one that came as an option? I have a lot of options on this stanger to include A/C, power steering, and front discs. I was told these were all options anyways...

Do you still have the piece that broke off if so could you upload a picture of that? I know that a lot of the older cars had this type of chain link that connected to the throttle, even GM used it back in the day. Possible that something like that may work.

Mike, by the look of the canister posted I'd say factory.

I've been dealing and working on 69's for the better part of 30 yrs and I've only seen a select few cars with factory cruise.

My 68 cj has 14 options listed on the Marti report and cruise isn't one of them.

John

Do you still have the piece that broke off if so could you upload a picture of that? I know that a lot of the older cars had this type of chain link that connected to the throttle, even GM used it back in the day. Possible that something like that may work.

Yes. I still have the piece. I'm sure it came on a bunch of different cars. I just wish I knew what it was actually called. I can take a pic of it tomorrow for some more help. Anyone know what the chain is actually called?

you should also have a splitter (electronic controler) from the upper speedo cable and the lower..look by the fuse box near the dimmer switch for the box..I had everything on a 70 coupe but the servo.. I think they used mercury and lincoln parts for the dealer add on...