Sign in to follow this  
Stock 87

Dynacorn or bobo full floor from CJs

The hundred dollars doesn't concern me. It's the fact that I can drive to CJ pony parts in half an hour to pick up my new floor (69). According to the site the dynacorn floor ships from the manufacture. I can't pick it up from their showroom.

Is it worth dealing with them shipping it or should I just go get the cheapie floor?

I have not seen the cheapie floor you speak of but I have seen the dynacorn in the repo bodies they do and it looks nice.

I have seen several replacement panels from dynacorn verses another brand and the dynacorn always looks better.

You could always go and see the cheapie floor and see if you like it

Bob

A bunch of these parts are made by the same plant, and sold under different names. I have used Dynacorn on 99% of the replacement pannels on my build, including the one piece floor. The gauge of steel might differ between the two, but shouldn't be much. I have been pleased with Dynacorn products, and will use them again.

If you are in Pa., go there and look at them in person, best way to tell if you can see them side by side. Big plus for not having to pay the $150.00 shipping charge!

If you are in Pa., go there and look at them in person, best way to tell if you can see them side by side. Big plus for not having to pay the $150.00 shipping charge!

That's just it. I wasn't even sure if they had a Dynacorn floor in the showroom. CJs shows the dynacorn pan being drop shipped from the manufacture.

Guess a quick phone call can clear it up.

Thanks,

If you order the Dynacorn from CJ's & tell them you wish to pick it up at the store I would not expect them to charge you shipping. As an example I just purchased fully assembled frame rails/aprons & a full floorpan from Dallas Mustang & paid no shipping when I picked it up.

I just had new torque boxes, floor pans, and front floor supports put in in. I used Dynacorn floor supports, but the torque boxes were not Dynacorn, but made in America, and the floor pans were not either. I will say Dynacorn floor supports seemed "beefy" and probably were a heavier gauge than the standard.

That's just it. I wasn't even sure if they had a Dynacorn floor in the showroom. CJs shows the dynacorn pan being drop shipped from the manufacture.

Guess a quick phone call can clear it up.

Thanks,

My Guess would be that they don't stock these at CJ's for the simple fact the inbound freight just adds to the cost for such a large item and therefore increases the cost to the consumer. They have no choice but to stock the CJ non brand Floor pan because when they buy these (and other sheet metal parts) from over seas, they buy based upon a ull container. What ever it takes in this or a combination of parts to fill the container, they buy.

Yes, there are a couple, Horse Heaven & Kevin Manley out of Minnesota. What I did was take front floor pans from an earlier & grafted them together to obtain the 4 "fingers". If I were to do it again I will take a 71-73 pan and adapt it, looks like allot less work.