Sign in to follow this  
MVanBeuren

Shoulder Harness Retainer for 69

Mine have the he elastic part sewed on to the shoulder harness, I need the metal hook part (retainer) that holds the shoulder harness up above the window towards the front of the car.

Thanks,

MarVan

Edited by MVanBeuren

I saw one that was fully restored a while back, and it had the metal hooks that looked like an upside down long gated U. It was round at the top, and the elastic string drapped over this hook. But I will check into the coat hooks also.

I purchased the car about 3 months ago. It was all original right down to the paint, with only 70, 000 miles on it. Very little was ever changed. The only thing missing was the shoulder harness hooks. It is presently being restored. I will let everyone know what I find out. Thanks for your help.

MarVan

[quote name=MVanBeuren Yes,

Thanks, That is what I am looking for, if anyone knows where I can get one, please let me know. I have tried looking on ebay, internet sites, and catalogs, etc. with no luck.

MarVan[/quote]

This is what they look like on my 9/19/68 Metuchen car. Plastic and not metal. Brian

Thanks everybody for all your comments. It turns out that they are a black plastic hook that looks like what you would hang a hangar on. I can get them at any mustang parts catalog. Would not have know without everyones help.

Thanks again,

MarVan

Those are not what I was describing. Most would recognize them by the simple term "coat hook". I think they may have been used on other Fomoco vehicles. All good, glad you found them and they are availale from many suppliers in repo.