Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

I don't know how I miss these amazing threads when they start, but WOW!! What an awesome thread/build you've put together, I'll echo some of the others and say you've got great attention to detail, and fantastic workmanship. It's so inspiring to actually follow along and see the transformation while you bring it back to new again. It's beautiful, and can't wait to see it finished, I'm tuned in now, and looking forward to updates. Congratulations, and thanks for sharing. :thumbup1:

Thank's Bossed! You look like you also did a "frame up / rotisserie" job on your ride.

Right now, I am trying to be ready to drive my car up to Charlotte in April, for the 50th. Not sure if I'll be ready (engine broken in and car "de-bugged") on time or not. We'll see... Fact is I'd love to still be married by then, so I only allow myself so many garage credit hours per week. Life is all about compromises, right?

If I had worked on mine more, instead of just dreaming about it being finished, I'd be a lot further along. It was my hope to have mine at the 50th show as well, but sadly that won't be the case. Hope you make it to Charlotte, be cool to see it in person.

I think you should remove the quarter scoops again, and let the paint rest for at least 14 days. Putting them on this early can make the paint crack, as it had done on my car. You can see the paint ripples over the scoop location. I don't know the quality of the painjob as it was done before I ever got the car. Just a friendly heads up!

12160591554_cebbe72199_b.jpg

Ok, some progress here, thanks to a pretty calm week-end.

- Got the roof rail weatherstrips back on. Pass side fits snug, but driver's side is a bit off, for some reason. It must have been like this before since I did not replace anything nor drilled new holes. I'll look at it closer again soon...

- Rear side markers are on. Fit real nice but required a little massaging though, as Q-panel skins have been changed in their lower portion. Of course, we all know that sheet metal repros are really not well made, when it comes to holes (existence / size / location)...

-Same story in the engine compartment where all the inner fender aprons have been replaced. It was a significant psychological step to drill the first hole, but then it became routine.

- All the wiring harnesses are back in, except for the under dash one, which is already on the under dash structure. This will go on after the heater box and the insulation.

- Got my Dynamat today and this is my next job! However I think I will only use it as a sound deadener (not as a heat shield), and use patches in strategic locations. I just can't get my head around the idea of entirely covering the floor pans, firewall and roof.

image_zpsddfaed62.jpg

image_zpsc39431fc.jpg

image_zps630cc12f.jpg

image_zps1a7d65cd.jpg

image_zpsb78008e2.jpg

image_zps05119bed.jpg

image_zpsdde06974.jpg

image_zps346352d2.jpg

image_zps9f094df6.jpg

image_zpsf4bdd476.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

image_zpsb327f7cc.jpg

As things were frozen here, got a day off. I made good use of it!

- started sound deadening

- finished the brake lines

- put the brake booster / pedal assembly back in.

image_zpscc50ac60.jpg

image_zps31688c26.jpg

image_zps229f81e6.jpg

image_zpsc16f420d.jpg

image_zps37deb8fe.jpg

image_zpsc4788ec9.jpg

image_zps86b09d62.jpg

image_zpsebe23b73.jpg

image_zps9a9f0bb0.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

Allright. Finished the brakes today, as well as the fuel lines. All went well. Metal braided hoses are a PITA to work with, I mean if your not using fittings and the whole deal...

Doors, hood and trunk lid are painted, and only need buffing before they make it home!

Now, on a negative note, after reading threads, press article and so on, I worked on my headliner yesterday. It went really well, until I goofed up the front driver side corner with a cut too long. It will not hide behind the A pillar trim... I reordered a new headliner. Must do it all over again. Man this sucks... Learning the hard way, I guess.

image_zps3d00026c.jpg

image_zpsb3a63f1e.jpg

image_zps86f99b9a.jpg

image_zps12456d39.jpg

image_zps2c0ac332.jpg

image_zps879e4cf6.jpg

image_zps5e208845.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69