Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

That's right. In fact, the original design is really poor. That braket basically gets pulled when you try to tighten the valance and then, it never fits correctly. So we got a little creative. Only issue is that I got the idea after the valance was undercoated and painted. So had to get it repainted...

I know tone and expression don't convey in written word very well so I wanted to say that by "pretty well" I meant outstanding, in a deadpan humor way.

I know tone and expression don't convey in written word very well so I wanted to say that by "pretty well" I meant outstanding, in a deadpan humor way.

Point taken Ed. I took your original comment as a very positive one anyways. So thanks!

Hey Fvike! What does "Gongar son" mean? Is this Norwegian?

Goddamn autocorrect! Got an iPad and didn't use english keyboard. Used the Norwegian one. "Gongar son" is jibberish. It's not coherrent. OK, here goes... The Norwegian language actually has two written forms. One "Bokmål" which evolved from danish, and "Nynorsk" which evolved from the dialects in the fjords and valleys of Norway. Both "Gongar" and "son" is Nynorsk. Gongar means times, in mathematical terms... Multiplying. Son is the same as in english, Son. Thanks for asking! LOL :sweatdrop:

Still working aggressively on getting everything nice and sharp:

- Re-adjusted the clutch rod as my clutch pedal was too low and it was a little tricky to shift in reverse now and then.

- finally installed a manual choke cable. Never had one before. On my previous carb (non-stock Holley 2V), manual choke was simply held open all the time by a piece of wire. Interestingly enough there was no factory hole for a cable in the firewall. Could the stock carb have been electric? Anyways, I drilled through the firewall just below the accelerator cable, put a grommet and routed the cable into the under dash structure were I used a hole that had that weird looking potentiometer that was not hooked to anything, on the passenger side (must have been some kind of original stereo fader or something). Well now, it says "Edelbrock equipped!". And it's the choke.

image_zpsc29f0904.jpg

image_zps68bac1cb.jpg

I also managed to put the hood trim back on. It was challenging to get a snug fit. The original fastener design really gave me issues (the one with the little spring thing). So I tried something different and that worked way better. It's now tight and fits real nice.

image_zps1f1a6913.jpg

image_zpsec33ba42.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

Finally, Randy, aka "Midlife", is telling me that he might have a refurbished under dash harness shipped out my way on Monday. Sounds like I am going to be back on the road next week-end!

Need to take some pics of the whole car finished now!

Edited by Guillaume69

Got the harness tonight! Installed it, tested it, carefully following Midlife's instructions. Had a draw (about 3 amps). Found out it was the brake lights. They stay on all the time. I need to look at the switch on the pedal. Other than that, everything looked ok, so I fired it up and man, what a bliss...

I am still missing temp and charge (working on it) and emergency flashers (probably the flasher relay). Everything else works!! Headlights, high beams, rear lights, courtesy lights, turning indicators, wiper motor, cluster lights, etc. Alleluia!

So I went for a ride, at night, to get a full tank of gas. The brakes work perfectly, nicely powered. The engine purrs on the primaries, it's amazing. Cruising at 60-70 mph in fourth is as sweet as it ever was. Can't wait to make it roar on the secondaries. I will cruise around for another 50 miles or so and then, change the oil, before slowly starting to brake it in.

I am officially back on the road!

image_zps58eab951.jpg

image_zps18979f06.jpg

image_zpsf29ff50b.jpg

image_zpsaefc5637.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

That looks and sounds very nice - you must be really pleased to be out and about once more...

Mine too will be out and about this evening in the minor heatwave we're having here in the south of England.

Car looks fantastic! What size Torq Thrusts are those? 14" or 15? What's your tire size too? (can't find the info in this build thread!)

I'm in the market for rims, and just gathering info :)

These are 15' rims, and tires are 235/60/15 on all 4 corners.

Not finished yet... But thanks anyways! Still working on:

- brake light switch

- e flashers

- temp sensor

- wipers

- Amp gauge

The good thing is that I drive it around for good now, and it rocks! I love that camshaft. Did my first oil change today (50 miles). Didn't see anything weird and the "old" oil was looking fine. I used conventional Castrol GTX 10W30.

Not easy to film and switch gears at the same time! iPhone is resting on top of steering wheel. Not exactly GoPro quality...

Edited by Guillaume69