Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

It's a repro I bought from NPD. It didn't come mint out of the box, though. It had a good arc to it, so we had to "persuade" it to get straight, without cracking the chrome. We also worked on the brackets to get a better fit overall with the rest of the rear lines.

G

Well, the crash happened on 23 March. That's actually when that picture was taken. After that, I waited 5 weeks or so on the insurance companies and since nothing was happening, I decided it was time to start repairing. That's early May...

G

To a straight rear end! Man that feels good.

I need to work some more on trunk lid / Qpanel extension adjustment, though.

image_zps3nywpmvd.jpg

Here's where we were 2 months ago...

image_zps5tjrhjpq.jpg

Just saw that plate... ANTIQUE , What the **** ...I am older than that car !!  :(

Hi Randy. Almost there. Container landed in France (Le Havre) earlier this week with the two Stangs. Going through the customs at this time. Delivery at home is scheduled Thursday. I can't wait to fire the car up again! While waiting, I kept myself busy prepping the new garage: floor, lights, etc. The final result should be pretty cool. Stay tuned!

As for now, enjoying some high quality family time in the French Alps. No matter how much I enjoy traveling, Home will always be Home! ;-)

G

post-37557-0-26944600-1440131605.jpg

post-37557-0-69287300-1440131645.jpg

Hi Randy. Almost there. Container landed in France (Le Havre) earlier this week with the two Stangs. Going through the customs at this time. Delivery at home is scheduled Thursday. I can't wait to fire the car up again!

In the meantime, I kept myself busy prepping the new garage: floor, lights, etc. The final result should be pretty cool.

G

You just know that customs agent is going to take that car for a drive ...VROOOM VROOOM!