Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

Congrats that's great to hear. Next up is the paint?

Yep, I have started sanding the driver's Qpanel today. The plan is to paint from rear to A-pillars, including the roof, and stop just above the white stripes (they are painted). Car was painted a year and a half ago, and it didn't see much sun, so if we do a good job at spraying the metal flakes, we shouldn't have issues. Hopefully, we won't need to blend in on the doors or something. Just using existing hard lines.

To be honest, it's not so much the sanding than the fact that A/C is not working in the shop I am doing this. And this month of June has been pretty hot and miserable - humid - here in the panhandle...

But I am truly happy with the result. Car is getting in a container on 15 July. Moving back to France. I might even get it painted before that. Fingers crossed!

G

None of the above, Sir. I haven't seen one single penny from any insurance company, whether mine (Progressive) or the other guy's (USAA), since I got hit on March 23rd of this year, ie over 3 months ago. And both of us are insured way above the amounts at stake which are below $20k. I find this completely ridiculous and do not understand why insurance companies are allowed to behave like this. As much as I love the US, I will not miss this crooked insurance system. Back home, you pay insurance companies so that they help you when you are in trouble, no matter what.

That being said, it seems we might be getting closer to a settlement. That's what my attorney told me last week. We shall see.

G

I was afraid to ask about payment from an insurance co. No reason your carrier hasn't offered something. I'd call both carriers and ask if they closed your claim since you haven't heard from them in quite a while. I realize laws vary by state, but in California they are required to make contact at least every 30 days until the claim is closed. The other party's carrier owes you nothing until a court tells them to pay.

From my 26 years of investigating and paying claims, when a third party (you) showed a court the other party was negligent, what their property damages were (repairs and loss of use, i.e. rental) the court never failed to issue a judgement in the full amount shown to the court. On a topic not covered yet I remember, I can't believe you didn't suffer any personal injury in the crash. Good luck.

It's actually a shade darker than Acapulco Blue, with a little more metal flakes in it. It's called Wave Blue, was used on 07-08 Pontiac Vibe. Code is 482P.

But as RPM mentionned, fairly close to Acapulco Blue, which is the original color of this car.

G