Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

Now I would like to ask you guys a question:

I have identified a connector coming out of the under dash wiring harness, color coded green w/ yellow stripe, as the power for the trunk light.

I've never had a trunk light on that car. However, it seems that everything's ready for install. Can someone show me what it looks like and how it is installed? Is there a specific harness between the trunk and the dash for this?

image_zps1f6972a3.jpg

image_zpsed9323dc.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

Some progress today.

- doors are back on, not adjusted yet. I got very poor quality door weatherstrips, and once the doors were on the car, it just didn't fit the bill. I had to take them off. I'm gonna have to find some much better quality.

- put a new windshield in! This time I am going to be extra careful with the molding install.

image_zps1360ee5a.jpg

image_zps85aa5b82.jpg

image_zps2380ded7.jpg

image_zps5d07ede2.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

I do not have a clue. Got the car like this. I always had it taped to avoid water to flow into the trunk. I thought it might be for a switch, like the ones for the courtesy lights in the door jambs. You open the trunk and the light in the deck above switches on. Something of that nature. I don't know.

Edited by Guillaume69

I do not have a clue. Got the car like this. I always had it taped to avoid water to flow into the trunk. I thought it might be for a switch, like the ones for the courtesy lights in the door jambs. You open the trunk and the light in the deck above switches on. Something of that nature. I don't know.

I have never seen that before and don't believe the holes would be for anything factory installed. The car is looking fantastic!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys!

@Chillininnh: I think you're right, it looks like some kind of mod. I might just take advantage of it and custom install a trunk courtesy light. I might be able to run wires for a switch through the hinge. More to follow.

Some progress today.

Sound system is done. Had a lot of fun doing this, and I can't wait to test it! Front and rear speakers + woofer in the trunk are all amplified, which should provide decent quality sound. Once the dash is on, it will be low key. The box in the trunk is super stealth, I love it!

image_zps5b38e4eb.jpg

image_zps67806177.jpg

image_zps99521860.jpg

image_zpse2ec4b92.jpg

Also started the front with the headlights. That actually reminded me why the 69 is my favorite model year... Those headlights are an absolute Killer!!

image_zps81792c73.jpg

image_zps11c0c73e.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

Love the headlights on the kitchen table! You have a supporting family!! You guys eat healthy too....lol. But seriously, its looking great!

What are the tabs coming out of the carpet (or laying on the carpet) where the passenger seat goes? Not familiar with those.

I worked for a company called Valeo for 6 years, a French owned company. One friend of mine there was from France and he drove an early 70's El Camino! He absolutely loved that car! It was cool to see him, heavy France accent and all, cruising around in the El Camino. He had the back end jacked up, very wide tires, etc. Straight out of the 60's/70's!! I'm pretty sure he took that car back to France too.

Looking good!!

Scarab, these are known as "seat feet" or seat rail spacers. I had never heard about them until I read something in MM. Apparently, they are supposed to be there. So I looked them up online, found they were not too pricey and ordered them for a try. And to be completely honest, they perfectly fit the seat rails. Great seat support as well as protection for the carpet!

http://www.mustangmonthly.com/howto/mump_0803_vintage_mustang_carpet_replacement/mustang_carpet.html

Plenty of cool US vintage rides in France: classics, rods, drags, road racers, you find everything! And most of them are in fairly decent shape.

Edited by Guillaume69

Scarab, these are known as "seat feet" or seat rail spacers. I had never heard about them until I read something n MM. Apparently, they are supposed to be there. So I looked them up online, found they were not too pricey and ordered them for a try. And to be completely honest, they perfectly fit the seat rails. Great seat support as well as protection for the carpet!

i looked through the 70 interior assembly manual and don't see those "seat feet" in the diagrams or called out. Was this possibly only applicable to the early mustangs? Or are they a part of the seat track assembly, thus the reason they are not shown in the diagrams?

my seat rails did have big pads on them though (just don't have the bend).

IMG_0787.jpg

Buckeye, my seat rails look exactly like yours, with the same metal pads. The spacers have a matching surface which make them fit perfectly. I found them here, advertised for 65-73. I don't know if they are period correct, though.

image_zps0739db67.jpg

http://www.mustangsunlimited.com/itemdy00.asp?T1=121N+01

Edited by Guillaume69

Buckeye, my seat rails look exactly like yours, with the same metal pads. The spacers have a matching surface which make them fit perfectly. I found them here, advertised for 65-73. I don't know if they are period correct, though.

thanks. i'll have to keep my eye out for original cars to see if any of them have this. i'm curious now.

From looking at your picture it looks like those are suppose to function like the original bell shaped spacers that go on the seat track bolts to keep the tracks off the carpet.

Thanks SVT!

Small progress today, but very rewarding. I was able to finish routing the sound system power through the firewall all the way to the starter solenoid area, finally plugging everything together there as well. Looks nice and clean.

image_zpsab12291b.jpg

image_zps4ae0148a.jpg

image_zps6220f012.jpg

Fenders are on their way. Did the driver side tonight. Door is aligned - that was difficult. Got the upper hinges the wrong way (left-right). When I finally figured out what it was, things went much better...

With half it's face back on, I feel like the car is almost back here. I did not realize how much fenders played in the looks of a car. It's not finished yet, as I will need the hood to finish proper fender adjustment.

Stripes were painted. These are not going anywhere!

image_zpsdb2c5924.jpg

image_zps49d342c0.jpg

image_zps4e6974fc.jpg

image_zps75c98f9c.jpg

image_zpsff5e23c5.jpg

image_zps7d800b80.jpg

image_zps51903cf2.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69