Guillaume69

1969 GT Sportsroof

Got this work of art yesterday... We are finally going to be able to wrap up the engine rebuild. It took me a while to make up my mind (go from stock 2V to 4V). But man, when I look at this intake, I can't begin to tell you how happy I am!

image_zps7db1d9b0.jpg

image_zps95f4affb.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

My carb is the black powder coated one. We were just playing around, trying different "looks". I personally prefer the black option, but that's only based on personal taste. Too bad the picture with the black carb is so bad. It actually looks better than this!

Kris, the undercoating is truck bedliner. It is water tight and has polyurethane in it that will have hard things bounce out of it (like tools in a truck bed). I did not put it myself, but the painter bought a kit and sprayed it with his paint guns. It is very messy to work with, though.

Put the glass in, front and rear. First timer here, so I read a lot, got the right products and tools and went for it. It all went well at first. Windshield glues in, which sorts of makes it "simpler", IMO. For the backlight's gasket, used the rope trick. Sounds easier than actually is as it does require some strength, and you have to watch the sail panels as you pull that rope out. Then, using the window sealer to fill the gap between glass and body (both front and rear) is a real pain in the butt, as that product is extremely messy to work with. But I guess it is the price for a leak-free result.

Then moldings install. I started with the windshield. All went fine, using the palm of my hand and all, until I applied too much pressure, at a wrong angle, may be. Don't know really what happened except I suddenly found myself in a world of sh*t...

Haven't started the backlight yet. I need to chill out before I start. Removed the broken windshield using a wire. Removing and cleaning the window sealer left is pure misery, but finally got there. At least, I can tell my install was very tight. Oh well...

Learning the hard way is so hard! Major loss of momentum for a couple days :-(

image_zps75b4b405.jpg

image_zpsc75527d4.jpg

image_zps6cb4e1b3.jpg

image_zpscb7b4b13.jpg

image_zps89810f98.jpg

image_zps3ac8b3c5.jpg

Got the deck lid done tonight. Painter's signature is very cool and stealth, I think. Trevor Morrisson's the name.

Putting the weatherstrip on was easy, thanks to all the info I found here on the forum. I bought it before I read all that and was wary about the quality I got. It turns out I got a very decent product (beginner's luck?) and was able to close the lid without issues. It will now stay closed for 24 hrs, to allow it to set properly.

Fitting the lid snug was another story! Took me an hour to get a fairly decent result. Man, I can't wait to get on the doors and fenders...

image_zpsa19e6561.jpg

image_zps6f766d6d.jpg

image_zpsf68be29b.jpg

image_zps153802f9.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69

Made very good progress tonight, and it's only Friday night!

Started by replacing the letters on the deck lid. My originals' chrome was not looking nice enough on that brand new paint. S. Drake repos are absolutely beautiful and fit a lot better than my originals.

image_zpsc13051ac.jpg

Original:

image_zpsbbef62b9.jpg

Repo:

image_zps1459c9c9.jpg

Edited by Guillaume69