Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

Wanted complete 1969 Sportdeck seat

I have finally found a nice 1969 H code Mach 1. This is a pretty cool car condering it is an H code 2bbl 351W coupled to a 4 speed and 3:00-1 open 9 inch rear. Anyway I wish to purchase a complete rear sportdeck seat with all rear panels, trap door, folding seat dections, latches, hinges etc... A complete set. Thank you. I am in Los Angeles so a local sale would be best as shipping will be expensive from elsewhere but I am open to it.

Thank you.

I recently finished my fold down seat conversion and thought I was done buying parts. That part of the project nickel and dimed me to death. After finally sourcing all the parts I think I have $600 or more in it alone. That said, I do have some left over parts that I didn't use. I'll post them up soon.

Good call - the 67-68 will definitely work in the 69-70 cars. There were a few changes that can be made easily and would be hard to detect once finished.

That ad is here. Shipping will be an expense but if all the chrome is good, that's a BIG plus. I think the repo chrome kit is $200+

http://www.stangfix.com/index.php?topic=20672.0

Thanks everyone I found a complete setup minus a couple of small bits which I have ordred up from a Mustang vendor. I will need to refurbish and restore this set up but I now have it all to install a complete set-up.Thanks for the help.

Edited by Zipppo

I would sell the kit for $35 picked up but by the time I add shipping you can buy it from CJP for $47.99 during their sale.

Did the guy selling you the FDS setup include a metal trap door? I have a latch and a set of repo hinges for trap door. Let me know if you can use these and if so maybe we could work out something bundling them all together. Will get pics

He did. The only part I need is the little bracket that holds the prop rod in position to keep the door open. The small silver object in lower part of the picture with two bolts. Small obscure part yet I do need that and the two rubber pads that go on the latches that hold the rear seat in the upright position to avoid rattling. Other than that I am good to go. I will get the carpet then from the vendor.

Thank you very much.

Edited by Zipppo

Cool. What I would consider if I were you is matching the carpet inside the car presently. In fact, that's why I didn't use this kit. My car had a pretty fresh 80/20 carpet kit in it which has a bold loop and is a pretty close match to what was in the car originally. The kit is "cut pile" and is more like the carpet used in todays cars. I opted to buy several yards of the 80/20 stuff so it would match the rest of the car. Just something to think about.

He did. I need these bits in the picture. Small obscure parts. I do need these and the two rubber pads that go on the latches that hold the rear seat in the upright position to avoid rattling. Other than that I am good to go.

Thank you very much.

I do need the pictures parts as the ones that came in the fold down set up are really crappy. Thanks again