kevin31

69 gt sr

Thanks everyone! :-)

I need some advice:wilma going to add gauge pod on my console to monitored the battery voltage and the oil. For the oil, I need to choose between the temperature and the pressure. What is the best option to monitor the oil? pressure or temperature?

Thanks everyone! :-)

I need some advice:wilma going to add gauge pod on my console to monitored the battery voltage and the oil. For the oil, I need to choose between the temperature and the pressure. What is the best option to monitor the oil? pressure or temperature?

I say pressure and I also prefer a mechanical gauge over an electrical one FWIW when it comes to monitoring your oil.

NIce work. It is good to see a project that actually seems to have gone smoothly. Chasing the odd gremlin at the end of the build seems to be a reasonable expectation. My car was down to the same level and many of those photos are near identical to my own. It is good reference materiel as I work on putting together e-brake cables and a few other bits.

I noted the dynamat style heat shield on the full interior. I didn't do that on mine, but I figure it is something I can do down the road. The car survived 48 years without it..

Fantastic!

U111 rims installed

454B2508-BF9F-4878-9C59-3D167289093D_zps

And tremec as well. Wow! what a big différence compare with the toploader!

But i have a doubt regarding the clutch free play. I have kept the original Bell housing, and Zbar system. Does someone know what is the adjustment of the clutch fork?

Wow!  How did I miss the Tremec conversion in your thread?!  More details on this would be very much appreciated!  Car looks great!

I will collect all the infos about the conversion and post it. The good thing is that we kept the original driveshaft, and we replaced only the pinion yoke of the rear end by a shorter one. Not easy to find a shop over here who knows how to cut and balance a driveshaft....

The only probleme that we found was the crossmember who was not aligned with the T5. We had to make a kind of plate to be able to attached the T5 to the crossmenber. I don't know if youu can visualized the problem, When i will have time, I will post a picture.

I will collect all the infos about the conversion and post it. The good thing is that we kept the original driveshaft, and we replaced only the pinion yoke of the rear end by a shorter one. Not easy to find a shop over here who knows how to cut and balance a driveshaft....

The only probleme that we found was the crossmember who was not aligned with the T5. We had to make a kind of plate to be able to attached the T5 to the crossmenber. I don't know if youu can visualized the problem, When i will have time, I will post a picture.

Thank you Kevin31!  I look forward to seeing what you did and appreciate the effort and information in advance!

Some pictures...As you can see, the crossmember that I have received is not the good one..We made something temporary for the time being

And the last but not least, I found the engine mount bolt L/H bent. I don't know how that can happen

post-16133-0-07996200-1460403812.jpg

post-16133-0-56386400-1460403869.jpg

post-16133-0-74549800-1460403908.jpg

post-16133-0-70810300-1460404005.jpg

So, engine mount replaced by the ones from Ron Morris, new Crossmenber installed and no issues. All good.

Recently, I swapped my old power steering setup by a rack and pinion from TCP. Installation is very easy.

After few Km, I checked the installation and I realized that the right tie rod is touching the rack. Has somebody ever had this issue before?

Thanks for your help

post-16133-0-49907600-1472752833.jpgpost-16133-0-82584600-1472752851.jpgpost-16133-0-92404400-1472752871.jpg

I talked with the technical support of TCP, and he said that depending on the car itself, that can happen on occasion.

So I checked if i would need to purchase the bump steer kit, and when I look how my tie rod and LCA are parallel, I think it is not necessary to install a such kit

the only solution would be to modify the spindle stop of the steering to prevent the tie rod hitting the rack

post-16133-0-58721500-1473917030.jpg

post-16133-0-21075400-1473917158.jpg

Kevin I would definitely use a steering stop to keep the parts from making contact. With all the mods including steering, wider wheels and tires and lowered ride heights some of us do, it would be handy to to have adjustable spindle stops. On the OE spindle there is a area built into the forging for the stop, but I don't recall what is on the OE lower control arm or if it is adjustable. Seems to me it wouldn't be to difficult to modify the OE lower arm for adjustable stops if they don't have them.  I added adjustable stops to my home fabbed arms.

So far so good.. :) 

There was a meeting few days ago: Mustang Day 2018. This meeting is planned every year, on a different track.

The event took place at the circuit Ledenon, close to Nîmes (Fr):

http://www.ledenon.com/

The handling was perfect!! And I really enjoyed to ride on it! Looking already for the next open track day!!

Somes pictures. You just need to click on "autres albums" to see the others. 15 in total.

https://www.jingoo.com/liste_photos.php?id_album=2508905#content

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt4T4eIpR4Q&feature=youtu.be

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qDn31UOHCzA