buening

Dash speaker - Dual speaker plate

Maybe my search-fu powers are weak today, but my faint memory recalls a thread on here where someone took two separate round speakers and made a steel plate for them to mount to the dash. I couldn't find any threads with the pictures I recall. Any idea who this was? It could very well have been another forum though.

Hello buening,

I am almost certain you are talking about a thread

by my friend Mike - -he is on the forum as BigSecz.

he had a 70 vert - nice car and now has a Torino

Death of a close friend makes we have to run now

sorry I can't look him up

But I am almost certain he is the guy

print Dad - Jim

I was able to mount 2 3" Pioneer speakers side by side with no bracket up there. Feels like wasted money and effort though. I can barely hear them. A bigger speaker might give more sound but I'd put effort into finding a better place to put some 5+ inch speakers IMO.

I ended up making the two 4" round speakers work without making a special plate. I put them in diagonal and mounted each speaker to the stock mounting studs on the dash. The two speakers have a machine screw connecting the two together at the center. The speakers are just slightly further apart than what they would be if I used a mounting plate and had the flat side of each speaker touching, so this simplified things. The speakers were wobbly prior to connecting them together with the center machine screw. Now they don't move much when I shake the dash.