Sign in to follow this  
Usmcfrost

eleanor

There's a guy local to me that has sort of built one. I pulled these pics off of the FB site for the local Mustang club. The only thing he added to the body was the Eleanor style hood and Shelby style trunk lid and quarter extensions. Personally I would have added the side scoops as well.

I'm not sure how far you plan on going since the bulk of the Eleanor kit isn't designed for the '69/'70 cars. Are you going to fab a whole new front end and side exhaust skirts as well?

He very well could have or put a '69 front on a '70. I don't know much about the car, never talked to the guy personally. This is what the car looked like before the "Eleanor" mod.

When I had my 'vert I wanted to do an Eleanor style conversion. At the time the hood was only available through one manufacturer. And the only other out-of-the-box mods were the Maier deck lid, quarter extensions, and side scoops, and fiberglass bumpers. I think the Ring Brothers Dragon kit is a lot better though. Like how they make a complete front facia.

most of the body work is almost complete. rear spoiler, side scoops, upper and lower, hood front bumper and rockers for side exhaust, tail light panel and wheel flares. today the engine compartment is getting painted. trying to get it complete for the sacramento autorama in feb 2014. just ordered the engine and tranny yesterday. have a ton of work to do. engine is a 408 stroker from blueprint and tranny tremec 600. rear end is 373 gears in a fab9 housing, coilover front and back with 4 link also from tcp. tcp rack and pinion. i think this car is going to be bad ass.

Edited by Usmcfrost

i also like the lok of the mustang. i wanted to do something different than the standard for a 69.the eleanor kit is an expensive add on but it will give it a unique look that no one else has. thats what i am looking for.

Just curious, where did you get all of your kit components from?

I had several request over the years to make our kit for the 69 -70. But personally I don't think it would look good on those years.

I wish someone would start making cool parts for Torinos :punk:....I know of a perfect prototype donor car :thumbup:

it was bought piecemeal from a couple different mustang places, turned out to be a lot cheaper, but i think they were mustangs plus and mustangs unlimited mostly.

So are you fabricating the front fascia from scratch?

i thought i had it at one point today, i had 6 pics uploaded and when i hit the button to post it, my cursor started spinning like the computer was working and it continued to spin for another 6 hours. lol think i did something wrong