Sign in to follow this  
Bruno

New to the site. Introducing my 69 project.

Thanks for the input. I was also considering their coil over kit and sub frame connectors but I have to admit this issue with the export brace has shaken my confidence. It wouldn't be as big of a deal if it was something that was hidden under the car but this is going to surround a new shiny engine and I know it will irritate me. Did you have any quality issues or problems with installation? I'll take this one back when I go up to Hot August Nights and inspect the replacement before I leave with it.

Here's a quick update. I took the Global West export brace to Summit Racing and ended up returning it. To be clear, the construction of the brace looked good but it was the finish of the powdercoating that was not going to fly with me. I ended up ordering an export brace from Maier Racing. I actually like the design of it better so it works for me. I got a confirmation of my order but no charge to my credit card so I called them. Turns out that they are in a little bit of a transition for some of the suspension parts and will be constructed and sold through Maier Motorsports. I can't remember who I spoke to (maybe, Mike?) but he was very helpful and let me know there could be a 4-6 week delay in some of the suspension stuff until the new shop gets up and running. It's worth a call to Maier before ordering stuff online.