Footcutter

69 Fastback project

I have always wanted to do a quick change rear end but it would require a bit of re working the center trunk floor and a custom fuel tank to clear .A fuel cell would work 

attachicon.gifpj0721.jpg

That is pretty!  We will see how this one works.  Third member was pretty easy to put together.  Just needed A small amount of clearance on the pinion support bearing boss.

Nice. Are the pipes dumped or out the back?

For now they are straight out under the axel, out to about where the gas tank would be (I use a in the trunk fuel cell).  I will be working on over the axel down the road with dual tips, and an air splitter, but I wanted to keep her running.  I miss the look of side pipes, so some aluminum side air dams are next.  It is a little quieter, but the HP increase is noticeable.  She hits hard in 2nd, 3rd, and 4th now (X pipe??), where as before it was just 3rd.

Like the rims and think it will match with the car well.  I will be honest to say I like the look of the car better without the side pipes. 

I'm torn on the pipes.  I love the new sound, but the side pipes had a cool factor a lot of people liked.  I may need some cutouts. :)

I like them and almost bought a set. The five spoke is always a nice choice. Those newer Bullitt style are nice and very popular.  If the perfect size is not critical for you, many used sets are always up for sale, at least around here.

I like them and almost bought a set. The five spoke is always a nice choice. Those newer Bullitt style are nice and very popular.  If the perfect size is not critical for you, many used sets are always up for sale, at least around here.

Lookin' for 17" x 8".  I will poke about.  Thanks!