Footcutter

69 Fastback project

9 hours ago, Silver_69_Coupe said:

Very Nice... I am going to have to upgrade my shock tower braces to that.

The center console and door trim on my interior is getting this stuff.

image.jpeg.c4492e787a3931a16d73e90e7b218c01.jpeg

I get mine from Dragon plate.  They have red and blue, and kevlar wrapped CF.  I am going to check your guys out for the interior.

8 hours ago, unilec said:

Nice panel work, so are you using the original hood or will that need to be modified?

Thank you.I got a Dynacorn original hood.  I am going to keep all the original lines, and even remove the side scoops behind the door.  The custom touches will be the sun roof, rear wing, front spoiler, rear air dam, and side skirts.  The goal it to keep the lines nice and clean, with a few subtle details.  I may put the bolt on mach1 scoop on.

image.jpeg.3e71f09a68adc2157a08d9d0c7510c08.jpeg

11 hours ago, RPM said:

Hey, Paul Harvey, we need the rest of the story. So you made the door handles and mechanisms from scratch? 

Yes.  Have not decided on mechanical or electrical actuation, but I can do either.  The mechanical will be in the form of a bicycle cable, electrical will be in the form of a momentary switch.  Electrical seems the best option, since it requires the least amount of force.  I saw that to buy them was $600-800 for a pair, which is ridiculous when it only takes $30 in materials, and I like making shit. :)

9 minutes ago, RPM said:

Holy crap, that is some outstanding talent you have FC! Very impressive indeed. The level of skills of you guys on this forum just floors me. 

Well, thanks.  There is a lot of trial and error that you may not see.... :)

7 hours ago, Silver_69_Coupe said:

If you want to go the electric route here is what I did.

I used a keyless entry kit and some door lock actuators from a early 90's Silverado. Then built brackets that hooked them into my door latch. I think the whole setup cost about 50. They work quite well.

I have a keyless entry system, and 3 extra actuators (maybe trunk).  Electric is the direction I am going.  Thanks for the tip!  :)

12 hours ago, JET 445 said:

So now you are making custom door handles, I would of thought making a custom chassis was enough. Suddenly I feel very lazy.

Don't.  I just can't see paying $800 of hard earned cash on Fin door handles....