Footcutter

69 Fastback project

1 minute ago, MAC390 said:

How are you attaching the body to the frame.

M12 high strength bolts in 10 positions.  6 of them are 3/16" plates that will be welded to the roll cage.  2 are "L' plates attached near the fire wall.  Last the fire wall will be reinforced and attached to down bars from the fire wall to near the core support.

On 9/15/2017 at 5:58 PM, Footcutter11 said:

M12 high strength bolts in 10 positions.  6 of them are 3/16" plates that will be welded to the roll cage.  2 are "L' plates attached near the fire wall.  Last the fire wall will be reinforced and attached to down bars from the fire wall to near the core support.

Curious about this. Is there a specific reason for not welding the body onto the frame? I guess I didn't expect you to bolt it together.

10 hours ago, MAC390 said:

Love the stance, real tough.

How much ground clearance do you have.?

I designed 5 inches.  It is sitting at 4 in the pictures, but the front A arms are not parallel to the ground yet.  Remember, everything is tucked into the frame, so it looks slammed with ok clearance. I will need to modify the front fender for clearance, if I want to turn.  I am also planning on a few skid plates.

8 hours ago, Silver_69_Coupe said:

Looking Really Good...

Just a thought. Could you open up the front of your turbo "BOX" and give it some air flow to help cool the turbos some. Probably wont make much difference. Any heat you can draw away from them will help them live longer.

Thanks.  Yes, that was the plan.  Going to put vents in front and back of the "box."