Footcutter

69 Fastback project

Cool, very cool. Wtf, how'd I miss the instrument bezel/gauges? Who makes that? Sorry if you've already covered it.

the steering has gone from really heavy manual, to smooth light manual.  It steers great!  I highly recommend Ididit.  The gauges are Dakota Digital.  I also have their auto head light system which I will install as I do the interior.  She is looking quite badass these days.

post-43293-0-43469600-1440270290.jpg

You '69 guys are lucky sonofaguns for having the Ididit column option! Us poor '70 bastards are stuck with a fat tube and a key!

You '69 guys are lucky sonofaguns for having the Ididit column option! Us poor '70 bastards are stuck with a fat tube and a key!

Really?  They don't make one?  That sucks...

Sure, but that is kind of hateful on a 70.  Different instrument panel bezel, lower trim brackets, lower dash (no ignition key hole in a '70).  Not worth the trip.

Well, I live for cutting things up to make them mine.  However, I also understand the "Keeping it clean" attitude as well.

Who makes that 9"? Don't believe I've seen one before. What's the story on your roll bar?

The 9" is going to be a Frankenstein.  I got the case parts from a firm called Speakeasy garage.  I went over the castings, and there are some voids to weld up, but nothing major considering the < $800 price tag.  Did a la carte for the other bits.  All toll, ~$1600.  Daytona pinion support, 1350 SS yoke, Worm trac lok, 3.00 gears (the pinion is the size of my head), 31 spline axels.  The cage?  was a you weld it from eBay.  Don't remember where from.