Footcutter

69 Fastback project

looking good!! that's almost what my project started out as.... except mine was a 90's 302 with T-bird turbos ..... cant wait to see your progress!!

I have a lot to learn, but I am going to take it slow. What size were your turbos?

So, I am shaving my drip rails (they are totally rusted anyway) and ran into some Lead at the roof/A pillar joint. Is this factory? Should I leave it?

Thanks,

I worked on a Ford line for a (very) short period of time in the late 60's. Basically, the roof was on a line that came down from above as the car was traveling down the line. The roof was placed so as to align with the A and C pillars. It was then spot welded at the top of the windshield, and in the drip rails. the seams for the front and rear joints were offset and then filled with a filler that was trowelled into the joint. It was then smoothed down and sanded. I don't think it was not truly lead, but may have been a lead based composite with something else.

I worked on a Ford line for a (very) short period of time in the late 60's. Basically, the roof was on a line that came down from above as the car was traveling down the line. The roof was placed so as to align with the A and C pillars. It was then spot welded at the top of the windshield, and in the drip rails. the seams for the front and rear joints were offset and then filled with a filler that was trowelled into the joint. It was then smoothed down and sanded. I don't think it was not truly lead, but may have been a lead based composite with something else.

Very interesting. Well, I will leave as much as I can. Cutting the rail off in small sections, then welding the sheet metal together avoiding heat distortions. So far so good. Thanks!

I cut out the shock towers, and I am using a small block 351W.  It is tight enough that it feels like a modern engine bay.  It was stroked to 4.17, and 0.06 over, converted to MPFI, and uses a Holley HP ECU.  Also went to a Mustang II front suspension.