Footcutter

69 Fastback project

Welcome to the Forum!

Is it a "S" coded car, by chance. Big block builds are cool, and different. You will have to share some of the details on the plans for your build with us when you get a chance. Keep the pics coming as well.

No, it is not "S" code, it is an "M" code. The seller swapped it out for the 351, which was trashed. There is also no door plate, so who knows if it is a Mach 1. I plan on mustang II front suspension, triangulated 4-Link rear, full programmable ECU, fuel injection, and twin turbos. The seller also included new rear quarter skins and tail light section. I also plan on frame connectors, and triangulation. Engine runs and has a new C6 tranny. Thanks for your interest, and I will keep the pics coming.

Just a thought. You might want to look at just getting another block. Sleeves add unwanted stress to the block and 390's are cheap. I had to get one for a Cougar and I got the whole engine for $100. I brought the heads and intake that I didn't need/want to a scrap yard and got ~$30. So I basically got my block for $70.

Check out this link of a guy building 427 by stroking a390. It has lots of good info.

http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showthread.php?1215-Engine-Build-Thread-427ci-FE-Big-Block

Jim