Sign in to follow this  
Arvidsson

$7000 What to do!?

Ok,

Like the title says. I have a 69 sports roof, build code 63B (if it matters). Its pretty much stock as it is. 351W probably rebuilt a bit, what I know is that it has a Holley intake and carb. 4 speed top loader.

What would you guys do if you had 7k to put in to the car?

keep the ideas coming!!

Edited by Arvidsson

What do you want the car to be? We need some background on how you will be using the car before we can help you blow the 7K!

Its for street use only, no racing and stuff. The engine runs great so I´m thinking leaving the engine as is (maybe). Its not attended to be in car shows and win prices either. Hope that helps a bit!

Unless you really like the woodgrain interior decor, you could switch to brushed aluminum panels and such. Also aftermarket gauges would be nice. I think there are mods to make headlights and tail lights brighter.

What's up with the speedo gauge? It looks like every other number is hand-written?

Edited by manley

Unless you really like the woodgrain interior decor, you could switch to brushed aluminum panels and such. Also aftermarket gauges would be nice. I think there are mods to make headlights and tail lights brighter.

What's up with the speedo gauge? It looks like every other number is hand-written?

I actually installed the woodgrain my self, so I´m thinking that stays. As for the numbers on the speedo, I had to do that to get it registrered here in Sweden :) its km/h.

The cosmetics of the car look fine for a driver, so there is really nothing major to do on the exterior or interior. If it were me, I would take the money and put it into things that would make it a better daily driver.

1. Rack and pinion steering

2. Upgraded suspension

3. Disc brakes

4. Electronic Ignition

5. Electronic Fuel Injection

For a daily driver, I agree with Mike and Kris . Based on what you apparently already have, I would spring for the after market gauges and AC.

I personally like the new Dakota Digital VHX (coupled with their VLK add on Message Center). For AC, I like the Vintage Air Sure Fit.

...my $.02.

BT

A power rack system. Hands down the best thing you can do to these cars to make them more fun to drive. Power disc brakes and some front coil overs. These things all keep your car on the side of reliable while improving the driving experience. Plus, they are reversible. Take your old parts and put them in a box in case someone cares down the road.

I've looked into the carb fuel injection systems and the reason I can't pull the trigger is that I'm not confident that Holley or whoever can make a reliable electronic system that will run for years. I have put a Petronix ignition in mine, but the good thing there is, everything I took off (Points and such) I put in a baggie that sits in my glove box in case the module blows. I can easily put the points back in and get home.

Jim

Nice looking car.

I would...

1. Power disc brakes

2. Power Rack and Pinion Steering (Randalls Rack)

2a. Tilt Steering column

3. Vintage air A/C

4. Wider tires on the back

5. Electronic Dizzy

6. Electric Fan

Jim