Sign in to follow this  
SWPruett

Radio delete solutions - Let's see 'em!

I have been watching the prices on original radio delete panels on eBay and other sites and am shocked at the price some of these pieces are fetching.

That got me to thinking that there are so many great builds and deeply talented 69-70 owners on this site that I'd just start a thread to inquire what other solutions folks have come up with to neatly delete the factory radio. Show us what ya got! (Please!)

Changed to 3 tiered switch panels

DashNewCtr6.jpg

check link in signature for more pics

Thanks for the reply & quite a neat solution. Have you got that completed and in your car or is this an ongoing work in progress? Would love to see it "fully populated".....

This is an old pic. The interior is complete now except for headliner. I basically just put a flat piece of textured plastic (from TAP Plastics) and put in some gauges. Looks good I think. I still run an amp and speakers. I have it wired up so bascially you just plug in an iPod or mp3 player (phone) to play music.

beforeafter2small_zps471c447d.jpg

This is an old pic. The interior is complete now except for headliner. I basically just put a flat piece of textured plastic (from TAP Plastics) and put in some gauges. Looks good I think. I still run an amp and speakers. I have it wired up so bascially you just plug in an iPod or mp3 player (phone) to play music.

beforeafter2small_zps471c447d.jpg[/url]

Evil Tw1n - off topic however how did you make the passenger and driver cluster look like metal/aluminum? I like that compared to the all black stock.

beforeafter2small_zps471c447d.jpg

That looks super sharp! The brushed-look panels look very clean and the radio delete looks right at home. Any chance you have more "head-on" shots of the delete panel? And did you just use the stock panel as the "frame" for your gauge panel insert? Thanks!