Sign in to follow this  
AndWho

new 69 owner

Hello I'm andy and I just purchased my first mustang. I'm the fourth owner of this fastback. I was a family car since 1970. To the guy I bought it from seems to think its all original. Minimal rust. It came from texas and moved to phoenix 7 years ago. It needs work but it runs and drives. Its the very base model unfortunately but I cant expect much for what I paid for it. I hope to start working on this in a month or so. I'm in the process of rebuilding the motor on my truck so thats takes precedence. haha.. here are some pictures of what I have to work with. not sure if its a numbers matching car but I think it is.

my question is if it is should I not upgrade to a bigger motor later on? Different tranny or rear end? will that devalue the car if I do?

Edited by AndWho

Welcome AW! Looks like a good starting point. Post the info from the data plate on the divers door jamb and we'll help you let you know most of what the car came with.

Bob

Welcome! I just joined the site myself but am still looking for my first Mustang. I really like the '69 body style fastbacks. This car looks like it was one I was looking at on CL and was in AZ, IIRC. It seems like its in good shape. Glad it went to a good owner!