The car is an auto but I'm doing a

Top loader 4 speed swap soon.

I saw Hooker 6915HKR headers for $195

Shipped from summit, but everything

I see says they fit 71-73 mustangs.

Will they work on my 70 with a 4 speed?

Any better headers out there to use?

Thanks for any info

I have a 351C in my 68 FB with a 4-speed toploader. I have a set of Dougs full length headers. They fit like a glove !!!! But they are not cheap. Mine are ceramic coated and about $600. You can get the non coated for a lot less.

Engine bay and clearances are identical to a 70

970fizz- You better double check. From what I gather, having a 4 spd is the hardest to fit because of the Z-Bar. miketyler, on this forum might have a set for sale. You should pm him, he has some experience with clevelands & headers

970fizz- You better double check. From what I gather, having a 4 spd is the hardest to fit because of the Z-Bar. miketyler, on this forum might have a set for sale. You should pm him, he has some experience with clevelands & headers

Thanks, I'm worried about the and z bar getting in the way.

I have a nice 351C 4V, rebuilt sitting on the stand and the only reason why it's not in is because of the header fitment. I believe others are using shorties or just the cast iron manifolds. I want to enjoy my car before winter sets in, so the 289 thats in it right now is fine.

You might want to post this question on 351C.net

You asked for the best and my vote would be Sanderson's. I had a set of the flowtec's and they fit ok but they leaked very poor welds at the flang. The sandies are awesome a little pricey but they don't leak and they fit like a glove. Some of the headers for the Cleveland will hang real low if you get the long tubes.

I cant speak for other models but Hooker Super Comp long tubes didn't fit my 70 Mach with 351c worth a crap. I have a lengthy thread here where I discussed it. They looked beautiful with chrome-like ceramic finish but once I had beat them into submission I found they hung too low for my slammed car. (4" drop)

Ultimately I went with shorty Sanderson's. They look great and hug the block closely and cleared everywhere! They don't use gaskets, they seal up with Ultra blue or black.

I cant speak for other models but Hooker Super Comp long tubes didn't fit my 70 Mach with 351c worth a crap. I have a lengthy thread here where I discussed it. They looked beautiful with chrome-like ceramic finish but once I had beat them into submission I found they hung too low for my slammed car. (4" drop)

Ultimately I went with shorty Sanderson's. They look great and hug the block closely and cleared everywhere! They don't use gaskets, they seal up with Ultra blue or black.

Thanks for your info, I'm not sure how low I'll go with the car, (around 2.5-3). But I do think long tube headers will be too low.

I looked at your post about your headers being too low, and dang your Car is low!!! What suspension are u running?

I'll look into the Sanderson headers

i have a set of 351C hooker comps (not supercomps) ceramic coated i didn't use on my project .. they didn't work with my 351C heads on my 351W block in a 69.. everything they could hit within the chassis they hit... even removing the stock steering box and installing a TCP manual rack... after several recommendations... i went with sanderson shorty headers into a 3" X pipe exhaust setup, i didn't use the sanderson 3" to 2.5" collectors, i ditched them and had 3" collectors made ... in the end i am very happy with my exhaust setup ... it was trial and error and my learning curve was expensive... also purchased a set of standard hooker comps not coated.. beat them to death to figure out the $$$ ceramic coated comps were not gonna fit my setup.. also, i purchased the uncoated sandersons and had them coated locally .... after my previous adventure i wanted to make sure these fit before i spent the cash on the coated version.... i was very thankful they fit and fit very good.. and no gaskets to worry about at the heads..

link to my sanderson install

link to my exhaust install

Edited by stangme428
add links

It sounds like Sanderson are the way to

Go, Are any of you guys running 4 speeds?

I'm going to run 3" exhaust, so I'll have to get

3 collectors for them. Is that a option

When ordering Sanderson headers?