Sign in to follow this  
macpastor

1969 Convertible

I have a 69' Convertible it appears I will need to sell. It's a beautiful Indian Fire, which was repainted by the original owner in the early 90's. Paint looks pretty good for 20 years old, with some minor imperfections. Body panels are strong, with just a small bit of filler in the quarters, about the size of a 50 cent piece. Pans and Torque Boxes are relatively rust-free, as is trunk and shock towers. I bought this Mustang because it had an awesome foundation, knowing everything else can be fixed easily.

It's got the original 302 2V and Cruise-o-Matic trans. Mechanics are strong! Will need some suspension work in the future, as it all appears to be original. Front drum brakes were replaced recently, and radiator is newer.

Interior was originally white and dyed by original owner. It's in remarkably good condition for 44 years old, but I had planned to go white again, as Marti Report says there are only 120 of these color combos in the convertible variety.

Here are the VIN and Data Plate info;

Starting with the VIN:

9 - 1969

F - Dearborn

03 - Convertible

F - 302-2V

189893 - 89,893 Mustang build in Dearborn

Now the Data Plate

76B - Mustang Convertible (Deluxe)

Y - Indian Fire

7WA - White Decor Vinyl Bucket Seats w/Black Components

28D - Scheduled for Build April 28, 1969

17 - Washington DSO

3 - 2.79 Conventional Rear Axle

W - C4 Cruise-O-Matic Transmission

PRICE: I've been looking over others, considering paint condition, color, being a Deluxe convertible, and things that will need to be done. Also calculating the new Magnum 500 wheels and tires too... Right now I am at $17,500 for a price. However, I'm willing to consider what others say, who have better expertise...

Edited by macpastor
Spelling!

Beautiful vert, Indian Fire is one of my favorite colors. It looks to be quite clean and relatively unmolested. The decor interior is a nice option, too, although I would go back to white as well. Price is whatever someone's willing to pay you -- if the engine, drive train and undercarriage are nice your price is probably not an unreasonable place to start negotiations -- but classic car prices have been somewhat down and an F-code small block isn't going to generate the interest that a S-, R-, or Q-code would, obviously.

Do you have the woodgrain dash pods and the center console?

I need a 69' expert to explain the interior. According to original owners family the only change to the interior is the seats being dyed. The dash is as it came and there was no console... I have been trying to research for accuracy, but not coming up with anything that helps me.