Sign in to follow this  
juit

nova II spring perch on a mustang

Hi guys I bough a cheap nova 2 roller spring perch for my stang

anyone fitted this in to a stang

opentracker told me that easy but I just want to check out pics of some one that made this conversion here in the forum and how it was done

Edited by juit

Where did you get a cheap nova spring perch and even a roller one for that matter. I have been trying to find it to check it out since you posted this and regular rubber ones run around $80 each. Opentracker sells one and is the exact same one they sell for mustangs according to their site.

very very cheap :) nobody bid on them and I got a offer I couldn't resist, I'm buying all the suspension parts when I find deals on ebay I've saved a lot of cash buying moog replacements by part #

he looks like a nice guy, here's what he wrote:

It can be done. The bolt holes for the perch will need to be wider as they are wider on the Nova. Some work with a die grinder on the upper arm will do it.

The shaft on the Nova perch will need to be ground just a bit so it lays flat on the Mustang upper arm. The sharp edge just inside of the bolt holes will need a little grinding, or you could put a washer under the shaft to raise it up a bit.

I test fitted a set of our Nova perches on a 67-73 upper arm and it wouldn't take much to make them fit.

I bet the reserve is around $150. That with free shipping is a great deal. You'll like the way the car drives with the roller perches.

I'll be glad to help anytime.

Edited by juit

I think I saw those on ebay when I googled it from a guy in utah. They look like the ones open tracker sells that are actually the mustang ones that you have to modify to fit a nova.