Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

E-Brake Mod - 69 Coupe

Hey Mustangsof fear, can you please take a pic of the set up at the ned of the solid rod where the cables join up...Need a close up of it please...Like the solid rod idea with the Clevis.

Looks great.

What did that console start life as?

I build all these consoles from scratch. I'll get the car up on the lift and take some better pictures for you. This is all part of a kit we're trying to put together to make it easy for everyone. The customer is picking the car up on Thur. Currently I make over 115 different designs of this console. Our cupholder console is still our best seller.

I happen to also have a free 94 console (out of my donor). Looking at your picture, I'm not sure I like how it looks at the dash. But I think it can come apart around there (seem to remember seeing some seams there), so it is possible that the console could be partially disassembled. A console is one of the last items that will go into the car, so I haven't investigated it any.

Chuck

EDIT: Not that it matters much, but was your console from a convertible or a coupe (two buttons or just one and a cover)?

It has a button and a coin holder. You are correct though, it doesnt fit perfectly and I too would love one that did.. But it was free and is functional. Plus it has that little crappy fold out cup holder.

It has a button and a coin holder. You are correct though, it doesnt fit perfectly and I too would love one that did.. But it was free and is functional. Plus it has that little crappy fold out cup holder.

In my 95, I have one of those two cup ash tray holders. I don't think I've ever held a cup in it -- it's full of coins, clips, trash and the lug nut key. But it works pretty well for holding small items. ;-)

Chuck

I got all the parts made to assemble the e-brake modification. My problem or concern is how the cables routes to the rear brakes. Would it be possible for someone to post some pictures of that. If I can get this done, she'll be ready for her maiden voyage. Thank You

I got all the parts made to assemble the e-brake modification. My problem or concern is how the cables routes to the rear brakes. Would it be possible for someone to post some pictures of that. If I can get this done, she'll be ready for her maiden voyage. Thank You