Sign in to follow this  
Chelby-Ann

E-Brake Mod - 69 Coupe

I would like to replace my current e-brake setup in my 69coupe with one in the center console. Is there a kit I can buy; an ebrake system I can get out of a car? I have converted my 69 coupe 4 drum to a 4 disc set up. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

MustangsToFear,

Do you have pictures of the console? Do you think it would work with other hand brakes? (I am planning on using the hand brake from my 94 GT donor car.)

Your website is still a bit dated in that you don't have much of the 69/70 stuff posted.

Thanks,

Chuck

I would like to replace my current e-brake setup in my 69coupe with one in the center console. Is there a kit I can buy; an ebrake system I can get out of a car? I have converted my 69 coupe 4 drum to a 4 disc set up. Any help would be awesome. Thanks

Chelby-Ann i too am planning on using a hand brake with a center console. i have the lokar emergency brake kit and have removed my foot operated factory setup. i have a 69 mustang console and one of my next projects is to figure out how to integrate the ebrake handle into the console area...

here is the site for the MTF 68 console.. i assume the 69 will have similar options but less in cost..:thumbup: .. hehe

Edited by stangme428

Lets narrow the request down a little.

I would like to move my current E-Brake location on a '69 Coupe to the top of the center tunnel. Not interested in a center console as I will be fabbing my own.

Any project out there to help me with.

Thanks

I have seen a few different cars out there with the 94-95 center consoles and factory brake handle...While I dont like the look of the console its pretty neat and Im thinking about doing the same myself if I dont build a custom unit and paint to match the car...

I like the 2010 and up consoles, but they are pricey

Lets narrow the request down a little.

I would like to move my current E-Brake location on a '69 Coupe to the top of the center tunnel. Not interested in a center console as I will be fabbing my own.

Any project out there to help me with.

Thanks

ah -- agreed i have the same need... i can move to a new / modified console later.. $$$

I have seen a few different cars out there with the 94-95 center consoles and factory brake handle...While I dont like the look of the console its pretty neat and Im thinking about doing the same myself if I dont build a custom unit and paint to match the car...

I like the 2010 and up consoles, but they are pricey

It just so happens that I ran across this image earlier today. It's a 2002 console in a 69. The 94-04 consoles are pretty much the same.

Chuck

I talked to Lokar today about redesigning there E-brake. We spend 2 hours alone just redoing the handle to make it work. This is just a universal set up that will fit anything with enough modifying. What we want to do is make it specifically for a Mustang and shave off about 4 hours of the install.

Guys, go to dazecars.com and look in the tech articles section. He has done a center e-brake using Fox Mustang e-brake handle. Be warned that there is some fab work involved, but you knew there would be some.

Guys, go to dazecars.com and look in the tech articles section. He has done a center e-brake using Fox Mustang e-brake handle. Be warned that there is some fab work involved, but you knew there would be some.

Got it! Headed to the junkyard this morning for my e-brake out of a '91 mustang.

I talked to Lokar today about redesigning there E-brake. We spend 2 hours alone just redoing the handle to make it work. This is just a universal set up that will fit anything with enough modifying. What we want to do is make it specifically for a Mustang and shave off about 4 hours of the install.

awesome! but of course i have the generic one at the moment along with the cable kit... lol

awesome! but of course i have the generic one at the moment along with the cable kit... lol

It just so happens that I ran across this image earlier today. It's a 2002 console in a 69. The 94-04 consoles are pretty much the same.

Chuck

Thats my car.. I used a dremel to cut the cross bracing under the console and a heat gun to slowly bend the plastic to "fit" the car. I just really got tired of not having a console and this one was free.

Ive got the ebrake handle too, just need to follow this thread to figure out how to use it.

Edited by Boogerschnot

I happen to also have a free 94 console (out of my donor). Looking at your picture, I'm not sure I like how it looks at the dash. But I think it can come apart around there (seem to remember seeing some seams there), so it is possible that the console could be partially disassembled. A console is one of the last items that will go into the car, so I haven't investigated it any.

Chuck

EDIT: Not that it matters much, but was your console from a convertible or a coupe (two buttons or just one and a cover)?

Hey Mustangsof fear, can you please take a pic of the set up at the ned of the solid rod where the cables join up...Need a close up of it please...Like the solid rod idea with the Clevis.

Looks great.

What did that console start life as?