Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

Where do we go from Retro?

I'm really liking the sixth gen (2015) redesign ... much more than I thought I would. Enough so that I don't feel the need to order a 2014 while I still can.

I've been getting a new one every 6 years, which would be Spring 2016 ... perfect timing IMO. Should have all the new car bugs worked out by then and being late in the 2nd model year there should be decent rebates.

My current one is Premium Trim MCA V6 with Leather, but this was the only way to get SYNC, Shaker radio, HID headlamps, and 18" UHPA/S tires (vs. family car Touring tires). I enjoy all the creature comforts of the PREMIUM model but would have preferred CLOTH seats.

In 2013-14, HID's became std. and SYNC (Tech Pkg.) & 18" UHPA/S (FP6 pkg.) became options for the base model V6 ... however if you want the upgraded Shaker radio, you still needed to go Premium. Premium offers a much better instrument cluster w/ Track Apps, Ambient Lighting, Leather, & more but adds $3,005.00 to sticker price.

SYNC & HID's will be std. on all 2015's ... so if the base model has a radio available similar to the current Shaker, I'd probably stick with a base model as I would prefer CLOTH seats.

I'll definitely get a manual trans again and would seriously consider getting the Recaro seats.

Whether I get another 3.7L or upgrade to the Ecoboost 2.3L is the only thing I'm undecided on. My average mileage on my 2011 since new (75k+ miles) in over 30 MPG which is darn good since HWY is supposed to be only 29. They are hinting that the V6 MPG will be improving and the Ecoboost should be closer to 40 MPG. This would be pretty amazing as they claim the Ecoboost will be quicker than the current V6 which is no slouch ... 13.7 @ 102 in the 1/4 mi bone stock (2011 w/factory Performance Pkg. option).

As for the 5.0L GT, they have hinted that it will out perform a 2012-13 Boss 302 as well as improved MPG's.

6th GEN will be interesting indeed.

Doug

Ok so I was thinking about this today. And after seeing some videos that walk around the car. I'm going to say I like it. What I'm thinking would make it look pretty cool is a 69 style wing spoiler except have it curve to mimic the back window. I mean with the nice fast back roof line they used that would be killer I think. Might have to save up a few nickels and dimes for one of these in a couple years.

I like the look. Hopefully the interior improvments are substantial. My wife has a pony package 2013 and I love the way it looks outside but it is lacking on interior. Feels like I'm in a bathtub up to my eyeballs, and not the best toad feel either. Hers is a auto and that is lacking, but like said earlier the v6 is no real slouch. It's quick, not 5.0 quick though.. I rented one after being used to her car and that 5.0 rental 2013 was crazy fast.. especially after driving the 6 for so long. I loved it.. that motor in a smaller package will be awesome!