tazjonez

69 Coyote Build

Nice build I would like to do a coyote swap but I got to do alot of front end work to make the engine fit.

A swap like nice would be nice to do also and this is probably one of the only mustang 2 I would own.

Watch "1978 Mustang II V-10 Triton "Mustang Evolution" D…" on YouTube

1978 Mustang II V-10 Triton "Mustang Evolution" D…:

Edited by 70Nightmare

I'll try to find a link to a good build over there. From what I remember, a good performance tune is the most important thing on those cars. A tuner that really knows how to capitalize on the ti-vct can really wake them up. I'm sure you can find at least 40-50rwhp left in what you already have.

there are many places out there now that are making the swap easier. Places like Rod and custom motorsports and total cost involved have front end kits that are specifically designed for the coyote motor.

stay away from the TCI set up for the Coyote, We designed everything around the Rod and Custom set up. We are developing our own MTF complete front sub frame assembly. With ours you would remove your front frame rails and slide the complete unit in all one piece.

I seen this 69 with the coyots swap and they didnt remove the shock towers. Watch "1969 Ford Mustang with 5.0 Coyote engine and tran…" on YouTube

1969 Ford Mustang with 5.0 Coyote engine and tran…:

That car was built by Gateway Classic Mustangs on Hot Rod TV:

Rich and Michele of Mustangs to Fear took my car to the 50th anniversary of the Mustang in North Carolina and they have been approached by the Modified Mustang & Fords magazine to do an article on my car!

congrats!! should be a great article on an awesome build!

I was kinda wondering that but I doubt someone will build something they couldn't work on or someone else. Would have been better if they showed more of the car.

I've seen the car up close several times, and it would be hard to work on the motor. It's similar to changing a spark plug on a 428 Cobra Jet.

Not exactly sure what else you have on the engine besides the boss intake, but here's a build I found. He put down 438hp @ 6575 and 388ft.lbs @ 4600 rpm. That's 72hp and 64ft.lbs. more than yours. You definitely have room for improvement. This guy has the following mods.

Boss intake manifold

JLT CAI

Accufab TB

Pypes LT's with o/r X

Bassani Catback with no resonator's

http://www.svtperformance.com/forums/showthread.php?961783-Dyno-Results-Boss-Intake-Manifold-to-Cobra-Jet-Intake-Manifold

Edited by Angel

Sean Hyland motorsports in Canada installed the Boss intake on to the stock coyote motor and I'm not sure if he modified the tune at all? Mustangs to fear installed their own cold air intake and their own long tube headers and exhaust system from stainless works. As far as I know the actual computer tune has never been altered from stock. Thanks for the information! I will have to look for sure…

Looks like the only real difference is that you are using the stock GT throttle body and not a larger one. That shouldn't make too much of a difference. If it has the stock tune, then we've identified the problem. Get a custom dyno tune!!!

I called Brenspeed in Indiana where Rich took my car for the dyno numbers and I was told that the computers that come with the coyote motors are not like a typical computer that is installed in a production model Mustang. The owner/tuner named Brent is supposed to call me back and let me know if it's possible to tune on the control computer for the coyote crate motor. The guy I spoke to was unsure if purchasing one of their SCT 4 programmers and one of their tunes would work with my computer or not.

I received a call from Brent at Brenspeed the other day, he stated that he doesn't think that there is much else that can be done as far as tuning goes. He said that Noe's car and my car have basically the same drivetrain and the exact same motor excluding the boss 302 intake. He said seeing as how the results were five horse power difference he doesn't think that tuning will create much greater results. Both cars had the TKO 600 transmission with the same gearing, and a posi traction rear end with the same gearing. Although Noe's car had 17 inch wheels and mine had 18 inch wheels, the overall diameter of the wheels were basically the same. So Brent believes that both cars are performing at their maximum considering the drivetrains. Brent says that the boss 302 intake is meant to make more horsepower after 6500 RPM in the higher revving boss 302 engine. Because the boss 302 intake is on a normal production coyote engine, there is negligible results. In fact, Brent said they usually find that adding the boss 302 intake to the normal coyote motor actually decreases performance over the stock engine, but there is an extra cool factor when you open the hood.

well I have talked to both Sean Hyland motorsports and Bama performance that works for American Muscle. First of all, Sean Hyland motorsports did not speak with Sean and of course I could never get to speak with Sean in person-no big shock there. But his employee, Peter, told me that Sean would have added some kind of a tune when he installed the boss 302 intake onto my coyote engine. Peter also said that he believes my dyno numbers of 366 hp and 324 foot-pounds of torque are reasonable as he said there are differences between dynos. He says that the dyno at Hyland motorsports typically reads lower then some others in the area which is why he says it's important to bring your car to the same business when you are loading different tunes so that you actually know if you are improving or not.

Patrick at Bama performance told me that they would be able to send me an SCT 4 programmer that I could plug into my OBD II port and tell me what to do so that I can get the necessary information that they need out of my Ford computer. Patrick said that he is aware that SCT has some tunes created for the coyote crate engine and that it would be possible to load new tunes into the motor using the ECU provided by Ford racing in the control pack. Then it would be a matter of sending tunes back and forth by computer as Bama performance provides lifetime tunes. The only issue would be that by loading new tunes he would not have an actual dyno to show whether or not you are improving or losing with each tune that you load. All the other tunes that are offered for each vehicle with the SCT programmer has been created utilizing a dyno and the programmer and obviously he recommends not upgrading any tune on the coyote swap motor unless it is being done in conjunction with a dyno.

I have no plans of trying to upgrade anything on my car until we actually get to use it anyway. I'm sure it will have enough power to put a smile on all of our faces just as Mustangs to Fear has built her!

this stereo system sounds amazing! I've never been big on sound systems in cars but this is like having your own concert hall. This whole stereo system wasn't very expensive but is by far the best system I have ever listened to. I'm going to have to start calling Mustangs to Fear-Bose!!