Jump to content
1969vert

my 1969 project

Recommended Posts

Booster hanging in by 1 bolt.... Firewall is different from non power brakes to power.... Had to get out the die grinder to make it fit..Going to get some more gas for the welder tomarow ..Going to make a manual power pedal a automatic....

post-15528-0-71600700-1483413533.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The backing plate on the pedals support has aluminum bushing most of the bolts go through...They need to be drilled out and I used a Bendix booster that took a larger hole in the brackets ...Just measure where the booster goes through and see what you need...Other boosters like a Midland .... might be a better fit but this is what I had laying around...This was not a fun job..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a little rant about parts stores...Went in for a new rear brake line and a adapter for the proportion valve..Had one for the front in a little section out front...Asked if they had more and to counter person said I don't know what it was....I'd hate to explane it to her.....Just make a trip to other stores and get all I need... Well that took care of the front ...The rear was special...Went to a hydraulic shop and they were out of what I needed....He wrote the part size down and I went back to another store this morning... Assistant manager helped this time....I asked for the book...No computer this time...We looked it up...Found it...Asked her to order it...Low and behold it was in stock...She went and got it....I paid for that $8 adapter .... Going to install today hopefully will have power brakes soon......Also welded the handle for the emergency brake...Going to put the cable on while I'm under there.....Wish me luck....This vacation has been non productive for this mustang

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Finally have power brakes at all corners....Rear brake hose plugged .. Replaced...Both metal lines on the rear plugged..Clear now..Cleaned proportion valve and reset to the middle.... Tomarow tires go back on for a test drive if it's not raining

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Red hood didn't make the cut...had this one laying around.. had to borrow a hood hinge from another project.  Got good gaps all around....will see if this hood works out... hopefully not much repair...looks like it was painted with house paint...will strip it next

IMG_20200727_180453718.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...