1969vert

my 1969 project

Booster hanging in by 1 bolt.... Firewall is different from non power brakes to power.... Had to get out the die grinder to make it fit..Going to get some more gas for the welder tomarow ..Going to make a manual power pedal a automatic....

post-15528-0-71600700-1483413533.jpg

The backing plate on the pedals support has aluminum bushing most of the bolts go through...They need to be drilled out and I used a Bendix booster that took a larger hole in the brackets ...Just measure where the booster goes through and see what you need...Other boosters like a Midland .... might be a better fit but this is what I had laying around...This was not a fun job..

Just a little rant about parts stores...Went in for a new rear brake line and a adapter for the proportion valve..Had one for the front in a little section out front...Asked if they had more and to counter person said I don't know what it was....I'd hate to explane it to her.....Just make a trip to other stores and get all I need... Well that took care of the front ...The rear was special...Went to a hydraulic shop and they were out of what I needed....He wrote the part size down and I went back to another store this morning... Assistant manager helped this time....I asked for the book...No computer this time...We looked it up...Found it...Asked her to order it...Low and behold it was in stock...She went and got it....I paid for that $8 adapter .... Going to install today hopefully will have power brakes soon......Also welded the handle for the emergency brake...Going to put the cable on while I'm under there.....Wish me luck....This vacation has been non productive for this mustang

Finally have power brakes at all corners....Rear brake hose plugged .. Replaced...Both metal lines on the rear plugged..Clear now..Cleaned proportion valve and reset to the middle.... Tomarow tires go back on for a test drive if it's not raining

Red hood didn't make the cut...had this one laying around.. had to borrow a hood hinge from another project.  Got good gaps all around....will see if this hood works out... hopefully not much repair...looks like it was painted with house paint...will strip it next

IMG_20200727_180453718.jpg

Found this new seal in one of the hoods..yep in the hood... I took to the dump looks like a drum brakes seal...rusted but never installed... anyone need a 50 year old new seal?

IMG_20201104_164209254.jpg

Edited by 1969vert
Addition

Alot of work today...hood aligned fenders aligned..new hood and scoop...a real pain to install and get ligned up...50 year old fenders and chinese hood..not a good match..the scoop is not a short boss... another pain...I just want to squirt some paint...wife is happy I'm working on it...been setting around for a few years...12 I think..don't get be started on hood hinges...

IMG_20201105_165421063.jpg

Finally get to use this gem...been in the rafters a while...need decent headlight buckets and grill ...have all I need..I hope.. bought it a long time ago from a guy that made a shelby clone in the seabrook area...

IMG_20201112_134612454.jpg

Been a little bit since any progress but....here ya go getting closer to final paint had to remove the fake side vents because a dark shadow grey stripe will go under it... bought new headlights from Amazon one came it broken... oriellys don't stock them eather way had to order..

16345941942014867110519181929607.jpg

163459412592353503248159061441.jpg

Edited by 1969vert
Update