Sign in to follow this  
buening

Camber - Alignment question

What is everyone running for camber and caster on their cars out of curiosity?

I'm using the Pro Motorsports eccentric eliminator plates and I'm about 3/4 of the way maxed out in the slotted hole of the lower shock tower where the LCA bolt goes through and I don't even have -0.5° camber (-0.3° IIRC). Do you typically have to nearly max out the camber the slotted hole in the tower will allow to get the roughly -1.0° to -1.5° camber that opentracker recommends?

The LCA appears to be an older aftermarket version (doesn't have the jack tabs) and the UCA is the Granada one with the rubber bushings at the ends of the shaft. This is all what the car came with and I'm just trying to get a rough alignment set so I can enjoy what little is left of the year before I get into the coilover suspension build I have planned.

Sorry buening way off topic but you are on top of things and are very good at explaining as well. Think you could do us a solid and if you get a chance give us a write up on diy alignment and what tools/methods you're using??

Buening, with your skills I'd have thunk you'd fab some adjustable control arms. Since your lca is maxed out at -.5*, and that is the lower end of Opentracker's specs, if I you, I'd run it and see how she handles. If you end up needing more camber for front end grip, then maybe look into adjustable upper or both arms. The guys who have them, love em.

Bob

Yeah I will post up the alignment method.

RPM, thanks for the compliments. Custom as may be in the works. I am not maxed out at 0.5, but thought more camber was possible than the max I may end up with. I just wasn't sure if everyone else had similar experience or if they found their max camber the slotted holes would allow. More to follow as I progress