Sign in to follow this  
miketyler

An interesting visit....

I have a bunch of 69-70 parts posted on Dallas Craigslist. A guy calls me Sunday morning interested in sport lamps and some other odd and ends. He shows up about 30 mins later but what he was driving really made it an interesting morning. All original 69 Shelby GT500, 2nd owner since 75.

Edited by miketyler

Yup, sure did. He is an older gentleman, an established business owner south of where I live. Mustang Steve lives minutes south of me and he just south of him.

He is restoring a Shelby convertible and has a Hertz car and some other cool cars. He has a few Mopars as well. The cool thing about this car is it was all original and not a pampered garage queen. The trunk had old carpet thrown in the floor and the smell reminded me of my old cars. There were cracks in the paint from some past body work. He took liberties with it back in the day adding the 6x9"s in the trap door, and AC from another 69 Mustang. Was it rare to have the tilt wheel in a 69 Shelby? I have more pics I'll post. When he took off, the car laid a lengthy 2nd gear scratch.

Interesting story. But unless someone added the hood stripes, it's a 1970. The stripes and the VIN are the only difference from a 1969 GT500. The 1970 Shelby's were actually leftover unsold 1969 models.