Sign in to follow this  
Pakrat

I need to enlist you all in the war against SPAM!!!!

Can always have some of us older members do a few emails with anyone wanting membership once they provide a valid email in which to converse with the Would be new member

I would be willing to help since I am on here every day.

That's a possible idea, MikeStang and Mike65. I appreciate all there hard work to control it and believe they are working on it, but something more should be done in this situation. Maybe they don't have enough time available to manage it more completely? The other possibility is they are not certain how to or able to control the spam? If that's the case maybe they should relinquish some site control to somebody with experience in this area. If not, it is possible this forum will slowly diminish and eventually shut down. I like this forum and I hope it's not their goal to let that happen.

The only other forums I belong to are Autodesk's and PTC's, these are both Engineering CAD and Mathmatics software forums. They have moderators on there 24/7. Anything sketchy or even worded too aggressively is immediately removed.

Edited by 1969_Mach1

Think they are just busy with normal life like the rest of us and do what they can.

This is the first rash of spam we have had in a VERY long time.

And I believe the guys doing most of the leg work dont have the power to issue us authority to do things, they have to go to the almighty site owner to get that kinda permission I THINK?

All,

Believe me when I say I hear you, I get it loud and clear. I may have Admin privileges but I am not the site owner so until things are rectified I am doing the best I can, you can be patient or you can take a hiatus, your choice.

I myself took a much needed 12 day holiday vacation away from everything including the digital world, even my cell phone. I was hoping spammers would be doing similar, obviously not. I have had conversations with the owner and it looks like we'll be upgrading the forum to a different software entirely. Possibly as early as Wednesday of this week. If not it will be the following week. He's fine with me adding Mods as I promised I would weeks ago but asked me not to promote anyone until the forum has been switched over, that's why I didn't do it before my vacation. I'm actually almost glad it happened while I was gone so he could see the escalation for himself. The new forum has a lot of anti spam tools and should be a good solution, I'll keep you all posted as I learn more.