Sign in to follow this  
eloyn7

Mach 1 LS1 build

I don't think the heads would work on the ls1, it has to be the 6.0 because of the piston size. My buddy has one with the ls3 heads that makes close to 400hp, add a cam and exhaust and your up to nearly 500hp.

I finished welding in the new floor panel patches, and sprayed primer and then layed down the rest of the FatMat deadener. I have to go and get some fiberglass resign, the side panels on the interior have some cracks that I want to fill from the inside and layer some cloth down to make it stronger. Up next is getting some fuel line I may or may have not burned a hole in the line :). I also have to get some brake lines..... all the little junk. well one step closer.

laid down some fiberglass, I missed one corner on the front edge but I'm rushing a bit now to get it done.sidepanels_zpsf49cd89b.jpeg

Here is the the FatMat, I also went up on the sides. I'm thinking of removing the metal sheet between the trunk and rear seats. Have any of you guys removed it?

FatMat_zps1086c960.jpeg

Nice work on screwing up one of the most classic fords by putting a gm engine in it.

Well, at least the next guy who owns the car car put a correct motor back in it.

Bob

It will one day have a coyote, but at the time I can't afford one. I paid next to nothing once I sold the TA. I don't feel like having a long build, I move too much for a long build. But I personally like the ls series motors, I just don't care to build a gm.... unless its a truck but that would have to be a diesel swap :)

Anyone have experience with a Wilwood Remote master brake cylinder? I installed it this morning using it as a clutch master, I'm getting a small leak from the remote reservoir where it clamps on..... I'm afraid to tighten it more and breaking/cracking it

glad to see someone else doing what I did, now there are one of each, a coupe and a fast back. Difference is I love the LS, bored her out and built the shit out of it running a t56 6speed, hits the dyno for ecu tuning this week, shop estimates north of 700bhp

I totally understand the price difference from the Chevy and Ford's. Chevys are definefely cheaper to build..but after all the rare aftermarket brackets and mock up.. you could've ended up with a bitching Ford motor!! These cars are not not like 10 years ago where they come and sell cheap. You just devalued the car about 10 grand. It is what it is...have fun with the car bud.

So here is a little update, having to use my wifes phone to take pics and loading them to the computer. I am making a mold to make my own gauge cluster, using some PVA as a release agent so lets hope I sprayed enough. I will cut out the gauge portion and put a flat panel behind it so I can use common gauges.

PVA_zps832ed675.jpeg

fiberglassmold_zps61005d13.jpeg

Can you guys see whats between the seats?

driverside_zpsc60531e6.jpeg

It is from a nissan 240sx, actually pretty easy so far. Has anyone tried putting the short oem ebrake cable on both ends? I want to get another passenger side cable and put it in the driver side and use the 240sx cables on the end.

driverside_zpsc60531e6.jpeg

passengerside_zps9c121125.jpeg

Little update, found some cobra brakes locally so I picked them up! 13" rotors should stop it just fine, the guy also had some 13" baer brakes for the rear but i didn't have the cash to pick them up. Oh well it is another step forward.

Had some time to play with it today, finished putting some clamps on to hold the cable in place for the ebrake dont care for the way I did it so I will be doing it again in the future. Also the Cobra brakes are now on to match the wheels :)

cobra_zpsb2d18b8b.jpg