Sign in to follow this  
buening

Those with factory power disc brakes and a few minutes.....

I'm fighting brake issues and need a reference point of brake pedal travel. With the engine off, can someone who has the factory booster and disc/drum master cylinder please measure their brake pedal travel? With the floor mat removed, measure to the carpet (or bare floorpan) as perpendicular to the initial pedal position as possible. Be sure to note if the measurement is from the back or top of the pedal pad. To me the brakes feel a bit spongy, but its been so long since the car has been on the road I have forgotten what a good pedal feels like. My fastback is in pieces, so its no good either. It could be a mind game at this point :rolleyes:

The measurement doesn't have to be anything exact, to the nearest 1/4" or 1/2". Thanks!

I'm fighting brake issues and need a reference point of brake pedal travel. With the engine off, can someone who has the factory booster and disc/drum master cylinder please measure their brake pedal travel? With the floor mat removed, measure to the carpet (or bare floorpan) as perpendicular to the initial pedal position as possible. Be sure to note if the measurement is from the back or top of the pedal pad. To me the brakes feel a bit spongy, but its been so long since the car has been on the road I have forgotten what a good pedal feels like. My fastback is in pieces, so its no good either. It could be a mind game at this point :rolleyes:

The measurement doesn't have to be anything exact, to the nearest 1/4" or 1/2". Thanks!

4" measured from the bottom/rear side of the brake pedal pad to the red heel pad. Brian

I assume that is pedal height and not pedal travel?

I have 1 1/2" or travel from the top back of the pedal to where the pad wraps wround. Are you going down to DuQuoin this weekend for Car Craft?

Awesome, thanks! No I won't make it down to DuQuoin. Wish I could make it though, it looks like a blast!

4" measured from the bottom/rear side of the brake pedal pad to the red heel pad. Brian

I assume that is pedal height and not pedal travel?

I have 1 1/2" or travel from the top back of the pedal to where the pad wraps wround. Are you going down to DuQuoin this weekend for Car Craft?

Awesome, thanks! No I won't make it down to DuQuoin. Wish I could make it though, it looks like a blast!

Cool. I measured 5" from top of pad and 3 3/8" to top of pad when pedal is fully depressed. Looks like roughly 1 1/2" of travel for me, so all should be hopefully well when I get this thing on the road again! Thanks!!!

I noticed there is about an inch of slop in the pedal before any resistance is felt. I'm not sure if that is in the linkage or if its internal to the M/C, something I'll check out.

Cool. I measured 5" from top of pad and 3 3/8" to top of pad when pedal is fully depressed. Looks like roughly 1 1/2" of travel for me, so all should be hopefully well when I get this thing on the road again! Thanks!!!

I noticed there is about an inch of slop in the pedal before any resistance is felt. I'm not sure if that is in the linkage or if its internal to the M/C, something I'll check out.