Sign in to follow this  
Zipppo

Zipppo's 1969 Mustang

Hi all I just joined and wanted to share a few pictures of my 1969 Mustang Sportsroof with everyone. Please don't laugh but can anyone give me directions on how to post pictures?

Thanks in advance

Okay I figured it out anyway here she is my Black 1969 Mustang. I wish it was a real Boss 429 but way out of my budget so I built a visual external copy. It is an F code car. I run a healthy 302 with a 5 speed manual transmission and a N case 9 inch 31 spline 391 geared posi.

It is black on black with the massive repop Boss 429 hoodscoop. The pictures are from the Coronado Speed Festival held on North Island Naval Air Station at Coronado Island California and at my home in Los Angeles California.

I will add more pictures as I transfer them to my photobucket.

Thanks and I love the site so many nice cars on here.

Edited by Zipppo

Love the cragars. Like to see the red one in the garage also.

You can post multiple pics in a post. Just copy & paste from photobucket putting each paste on a new line so they stack.

This car looks a lot like a BOSS 408 build I saw around the LA area for a while. if you swapped out the 429 numbers on the fenders, and it had some different wheels, I would have sworn it was the same car.

Great look Stang!!

This car looks a lot like a BOSS 408 build I saw around the LA area for a while. if you swapped out the 429 numbers on the fenders, and it had some different wheels, I would have sworn it was the same car.

Great look Stang!!

Agree, looks great. I can appreciate modeling it after a style you admire and would ideally want but I'm not a fan of actually putting 429 on the car personally unless it could hold it's own with one. I do think everyone should build they're car the way they want though. When I first got into this hobby I wanted to add 428 badges to my car because I just thought they looked awesome. An old timer who encouraged me to add a scoop, blackout the hood, use GT stripes etc.. talked me out of it for one simple but very good reason though, to avoid urban legends. He had heard too many stories of average rice rockets claiming to dust Fords best vintage big blocks at the line and just knew it wasn't true, the cars they had beaten were likely posers and he really changed my thought on doing it rather than just telling me don't.

Now what would be cool though I think is if you also had a license plate that said Faux29, that would make it a neat kinda tribute car!

I hear you with regards to the urban legend thing. I respect the point of view. I just cruise my car and enjoy it. It gives me great pleasure as I drive down the road and people stare young and old and point and I see WOW or Awesome! Makes me smile.

I do not race the car not into that too expensive and especially on the street a definate no no in my opinion.

I am currently saving to purchase one of The Kaase 429 style motors. There is a group up in Ventura County north of Los Angeles that will tackle the conversion for me. In time I will have a 429 under the hood. No not a real Boss 429 and I know it and would never try to sell it as such if that day ever comes. I am a regular woking class guy with two college students so there is no way I could shell out a couple of hundred thousand dollars for a real Boss 429 car let alone the upkeep. So for me this is the next best thing. The 429 scoop and decals have motivated me to over time do the next best thing and build my own version and not be afraid to drive it.

I will keep my current California black plates as black plate cars are rare these days. All to many have been exported to other states and countries due to the pristine bodies we have here in Southern California.

Thanks eveyone for the positive support on my car.

Oh the other car is a 1967 Coupe. It belongs to my daughter. straight 6, C4 and 8 inch. I added P/S and PDB so it has 5 lugs front and rear and is safer to drive that the drum brake version it used to be. Red exterior and black interior.

The black 69 does not have Cragars they are the old school Appliance wheels look like Cragars but are not pot metal. The rear wheels are 15x10 with a 6 and 7/8 offset running 275/60/15 tires. I had to use a spacer to push them out a little so I will be taking the wheels back to have them redone so I can eliminate the spacers. I also will add 235/60/15 tires up front. The 225's are a little small.

Edited by Zipppo