Sign in to follow this  
signal20gsxr

Converting to manual steering need help.

I am going to be converting from power steering to manual steering. Has anyone used the manual steering adapters? I notice that there are the ones that most mustang parts stores carry and one made by Borgeson. Either one better than the other? Or should I get a manual pitman arm and manual center link? Finally can I use a manual idler arm on a power center link if I used the adaptor? My current idler arm has the one bushing with teeth on the inner shell of the bushing to add resistance to help with return to center. I am assuming that I don't want this idler arm with manual steering.

Thanks.

I sued the borgeson. Just make sure you're ready to use something to vibrate some of those parts out; they're stuck pretty good. Other than the time it takes to pull all the power steering stuff out, it's simple. Take it all out, put the adapter in and then try and set it as close to the adjustments as it was with the power steering. I definitely highly recommend an alignment after you install it, too.