Sign in to follow this  
55Mach1

Fastback rear window molding clips, need help on getting right ones

i have a new rear window with rubber seal at the body shop but i wanted to get all new molding clips just because i doubt the ones on the car now will be good once the molding is pry off.

i keep seeing two different style clips online but have no idea which ones i need or how many

are the front and rear clips the same or the rear window has a specific style clip?

55Mach, I went through the same thing. I was on a road trip in the States (for an out of town mustang show) and did not have one of my original clips with me to verify, so ended up buying a set of wrong ones that the vendor swore up and down were correct. They ended up being taller than the originals, and I have never found out if different types were used for the ’69. Regardless, just get the ones that match your old clips and you can’t go wrong.

Cheers,

Tony

PS the correct ones for my car match what Flanders has pictured. These are the ‘short’ type.

I ordered 2 packs of 12 from mustangs unlimited (which was not enough for doing the front and back glass). When the glass guy was putting my molding on none of the mustangs unlimited clips I had would work (I only bought one style and not sure which ones they were but they were Chinese of course). Anyways I ended up cleaning up all the old ones that I could find and taking all of the ones off of a parts car I have and I ended up having just enough to put the molding on. I did not damage any clips taking them off because they just popped right off. There's nothing like original parts. Good luck!