Sign in to follow this  
prayers1

Magnum 500 15x10 questions.

I'm having a really hard time deciding on what wheels to get. For some reason I keep coming back to 15" wheels. The more I look at the Magnum 500's the more I like'em, they just look like the pefect wheel on the 69/70 models. I thought of the 17" version, but they remind me of a Hot Wheel car. I don't know, it must be the old school in me.

I know that a 15x8 w/ a 275/60 will fit, but I'd like to get a little wider look. Right now I have 15x10 Prostars w/ a 5" bs with 295/50's.

The tire does stick past the inner lip of the 1/4 panel. I wonder is a 5.5 bs would pull the tire back in.

I'd would like the widest tire to fit under a stock 1/4 panel wheel lip, This will be a stock suspension.

So, my question is:

If I get a Magnum 15x10 w/ a 5.5 bs, how would a 275/60 look. Will the wheel stick out more than the tire and do you think it will fit fine within the 1/4 panel lip.

Or

How about a 15x8 w/ a 5" bs that has a 295/50 tire. Will the tire rub the 1/4 panel.

Thanks for all of your help!

1969Boss351008_zps6d1847a5.jpg

Its a little hard to see, but I run a 18X10 with 6.38BS wheel taht would fit a 94-04 car with a 305/35. I did have to clearence the front inner fender and roll the fender lip to get it to not scrap. I do have it lowered quite a bit too, so that does into play.

phoca_thumb_l__dsc8828.jpg

I would not go less than 6 inch backspace. I have 20x10 with 295 35 20 on 5 3/4 backspace with no fender lip and still will rub if rearend gets off angle. 6 to 6 1/4 backspace on 10 inch rim would have been better for a 295 series tire, i have like 1 3/4 inch left on inside clearance.

Interesting that a 6" backspace will fit!! I have 15x10 aussie made Simmons wheels 6" backspace with 295/50/15 tyres. I hadn't even trial fitted them- just assumed they wouldn't as they didn't fit my XB falcon coupe..

DSCF0076_zpsc304d0d4.jpg

Edited by shaun071
img link

Its a little hard to see, but I run a 18X10 with 6.38BS wheel taht would fit a 94-04 car with a 305/35. I did have to clearence the front inner fender and roll the fender lip to get it to not scrap. I do have it lowered quite a bit too, so that does into play.

phoca_thumb_l__dsc8828.jpg

Do you have a stock width rear end? If not what is the with hub to hub?

Ok, Thats great information, but were getting away from the main point.

1, Can a 295/50/15 fit within the 1/4 panel lip on a 15x8 w/ a 5" bs

2, Will a 275/60/15 be too small on a 15x10 w/ a 5.5" bs.

This is the only back space I can find on the Magnums.

I came across an older eBay listing that sold a set of 15x10 w/ a 6.25 bs. I emailed that seller but they have yet to reply.

If anyone knows where I can get a wider backspace Magnum please advise.

Thank you!

With the 295s on the 5" backspacing how much room do you have between the leaf springs and the tire? the 295 should be around a 26" tire height so it wont hit the wheel well..If the tires you have pictured are on the rims you are talking about it looks like you need to suck them back in at least 1"..

I'm about 3/4' away from the leafs with a 5" bs. I'd like to know what a 5.5bs would be like. Would it bring the tire a 1/2" close to the leaf as well as pulling in from the 1/4 panel. I also wonder what a 6.25 bs would be with 15x10's

Yes..It would get closer to the spring (1/2") ...1/4" gap between the tire and spring is a little tight..when you take a corner the tire will flex and might rub the spring.. A 295 tire is 11.6" are you sure it will fit in between the lip and springs? I have run 10.5" and they were tight ( with rolled fender lips ) I would look at the 275s

Edited by 1969vert