Sign in to follow this  
ramair351

70 Mach resto mod

thanks. i did some more plumbing on the rear tonight. one more line to double flare, then i will post some updated pics. the front end has some way negative camber right now, i am hoping the LCA has enough adjustment that i dont have to add UCA shims.

got the brakes bled finally, and got it aligned today. cutting half a coil off the 620 grab a trak front springs, gave me +4 degrees camber. we got it to -.5. just right. drives good. i still have to hook up the parking brake still.

223.jpg

222.jpg

225.jpg

thanks! the rear brake it assembled very easily. and seems to work well. other than i had to chamfer the lug holes on the rotor to clear a small lip on my wheel stud. i havent gotten the rear emr brake cables done yet, and that may be the most challenging part. it was kinda fun making new brake lines on the rear.

so, about a month ago while drinving it, clutch goes out. I managed to limp it home, and initially think its just the clutch cable, but i decide to look at the clutch anyway. its a TKO600, this all should have taken less than a week, but my mom had a heart attack during all this( shes fine now) so took a while to get it back together

c69041ad-d4c6-443d-8502-0ac7b6e436ba.jpg

clutch seems fine, just the cable melted on the header.

23E44D35-7E20-4AC3-914B-DD3318556CFE.jpg

install new cable, wrap it up again with fire proof crap and hope for the best.

F6B3D514-94BB-45EE-A741-626085DB6DA9.jpg

B6754426-1AA5-4E6E-B87B-A154062F4D97.jpg

if my car had a clutch return spring, it wasnt there when i took it apart. i found this one at Lowes, and made a bracket for it , it works fine, but the clutch still has VERY little effort, works fine, but feels strange to use.

also. see how i have the emergency brake cable routed through a hole in the tailshaft? it works like this too, not sure if its made for that, but it lines right up

so on the 2011-2013 mustangs, on the door mirror, they have this projector lamp that shines the running horse logo on the ground. well i scored one and installed it under the front bumper, and tied it to the park lamp circuit. its not even dark out and it shows up quite well, my kids love it.

F8BC5CE8-7811-4B0F-A3CE-C240E7EC05FE.jpg

19015257-A10C-4B6E-B063-81A1F7908016.jpg